How long?

After a c section should you normally bleed? its been 2 1/2 weeks since mine and i havent had any more bleeding for like 2 days. is that ok?

tawnbond

Asked by tawnbond at 12:33 AM on Feb. 23, 2009 in Pregnancy

• not sure if it's normal but I bled for like 5 weeks. Bet that didn't help much huh? Sorry.
    mndpfff

Answer by mndpfff at 12:41 AM on Feb. 23, 2009

• It can still bleed sometimes the bleeding stops for a few days
    relate

Answer by relate at 12:48 AM on Feb. 23, 2009

• it varies. depends on the woman. 2.5 weeks is fine, you're probably done bleeding...but, some bleed for longer.
    GreekMama28

Answer by GreekMama28 at 1:04 AM on Feb. 23, 2009

• Don't be alarmed, a lot of women who have c-sections not only bleed for a lesser amount of time, but heal faster than those mom's who deliver naturally! If you are still concerned about your lack of bleeding for more than 2.5 weeks- consult with your physician-however, you should rest assured, the next time you bleed will be your first menstrual cycle, and if you are breast feeding, this too may be delayed.

Congratulations on the baby!
    MotherOf3As

Answer by MotherOf3As at 3:48 AM on Feb. 23, 2009

• It may start back up...mine did but I did not bleed anywhere near like I did with my vaginal births. That is one of the upsides to a C-section.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 11:04 AM on Feb. 23, 2009