Anyone have sever pain from an IUD after more than 6 months (doubled over, throwing up, A LOT of pain)?

I am having my IUD taken out ASAP!
After asking about A)pain symptoms, B)health risks, and C)dependability, I was answered with A)some, not much B)none and C)100%...

10 months down the line I have found A)excrutiating! Can't smile at my son, can't stand up, staying in the bathroom over the toilet, no color in my face! B) Is it true it can get lodged into your uterus, PID and others C)99% since it can come out without you knowing, can have a fallopian tube conception

Anyone else with this much pain? I feel as if I've been tricked by a sleazy sales person

AlanaAndTristan

Asked by AlanaAndTristan at 12:50 AM on Feb. 23, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• i have had no problems with mine, ive had it for more than a year. it sounds like yours has moved or made a hole though.
    Chandra034

Answer by Chandra034 at 12:52 AM on Feb. 23, 2009

• That's definitely not normal!! Yes, it can perforate your uterus. It's very rare, but it can happen. Same with getting pregnant. It is more effective than a tubal ligation, but if you're having this many problems, then it's definitely time to try something else. Sorry to hear you're having so much pain! Hang in there!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 12:59 AM on Feb. 23, 2009

• i had the MIRENA IUD and absolutely hated it. i was constantly having abdominal pain, severe cramping, dizziness,back pains,forgetfulness,some days the room would spin so much i was sick to my stomach, headaches,the list is endless. i took the horrid thing out myself. military doctors suck and couldn't get me in till march sometime so i said forget it.do what you think is right.you shouldn't have to be in all that pain for something that is suppose to help you in life.
    where i got my mirena IUD support.it's another forum of women having problems with theirs

http://curezone.com/forums/f.asp?f=713&p=78
    AirForceWife412

Answer by AirForceWife412 at 4:53 AM on Feb. 23, 2009

• i had mine in for 2 years without any problems, i will be getting another one after this baby.
    Anywhoo i have the pamphlet next to me (I grabbed one at my last doc appt) and it says to seek a professional if the symptoms you say occur so CALL YOUR DOCTOR!!
    BonnieboBonnie2

Answer by BonnieboBonnie2 at 5:38 AM on Feb. 23, 2009

• I have the mirena and I went to have mine taken out because of the pain. The doctor said no there's no way the IUD could be causing me pain like that so he did a laposcopy on me and determined that I have endometriosis. He said there is no way the IUD is the cause of the endo but I'm not convinced. I still have my IUD, and I'm also 10 months in with it

However, Endo should only be painful a few days a month and I'm in pain daily. So I'm really not sure what the deal is.
    munch12502

Answer by munch12502 at 6:42 AM on Feb. 23, 2009

• it could be ur gullbladder,i had those symptoms
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 8:38 AM on Feb. 23, 2009

• Yea it was only when I had my monthly for 2 or 3 days of the first days of it. I had it taken out this afternoon and realized I was in constant pain. You know when you deal with everyday pain and then it's gone and then you're aware of it?

Anyways, it wasn't lodged in my uterus or anything, my body was just rejecting it I guess
    AlanaAndTristan

Answer by AlanaAndTristan at 8:35 PM on Feb. 23, 2009