Another child

My husband and i want another baby so bad! We are waiting at the moment, because of our financial situation. My question is:
What if our situation doesn't change. What if we are going to be struggling for the rest of our childrens lives? How selfish would it be if we had another child?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:57 AM on Feb. 23, 2009 in General Parenting

• not selfish at all. you'd be giving a sweet spirit life here on Earth. I think that's very noble. rich or poor. As long as you can budget you can make any amount of money work, trust me, I've lived through it.

My parents had 6 kids, and not very much money, but I was always happy with my life even if I never did get that Barbie Power Wheels for Christmas.

And right now my dh and I budget our money to make the most of it, on paper we couldn't afford our baby-but it all worked out without going in to debt whatsoever.
    julipickle

Answer by julipickle at 12:59 PM on Feb. 23, 2009

• well if you think will be able to feed the child and clothe them and be able to provide the things they need, i say why not? You may not be able to give them a million toys at christmas or dress tem in the latest trends but if your able to love have fun. Just don't bite off more than you can chew
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:02 AM on Feb. 23, 2009

• be realistic about the "what ifs", like what if you have high risk, or a special needs child? the state doesn't cover as much as folks think...Make a rsational decision, not one based on "oh another baby would be so sweet" maybe make it a motivator for trying to get out of hole you are in now financially, then in a yr think about it again. Also think about how this will impact your children you have now. if you are broke now it will get 10x worse with another child, and resent meant can grow. Just be careful, and do not rush into it. I do not jusdge you for wanting more kids, just be sure you can handle all the pressures from it. Money has broken up plenty of lives and lovews....
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:09 AM on Feb. 23, 2009

• If you cannot pay for the basics for you and your current child you should just be happy with the child you have. It is selfish to expect others to pay for you child and expect a child to live in poverty.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:52 AM on Feb. 23, 2009

• Well unless you are really hurting or have to be on assistance temporarily I don't think there is really a right time. If you wait until you have enough money you will wait forever lol kids are darn expensive!

salexander

Answer by salexander at 9:51 AM on Feb. 23, 2009