How many calories are burned with sex?

I was thinking of also taking very little energy drink and having sex with hubby to burn calories. Would that be ok besides diet and exercise?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:59 AM on Feb. 23, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• I do. I have my own business and sell XS energy drinks, I'll drink that and have sex with my hubby and it's great. I mainly use it to just give me a umph on those days I feel I need an extra ;) workout...lol. Try it, it's refreshing... :)
    Precious0317

Answer by Precious0317 at 1:04 AM on Feb. 23, 2009

• it depends what position youre doing it in! if yoiure having sex laying down or doggy style youre not burning any calories, but if youre on top taking advantage then thats a different story!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:08 AM on Feb. 23, 2009

• not too many ( as many as we would like) on average: It depends on your weight.. and how long you "do it".. so if you were 140 lbs. and did it for 30 minutes you would burn 134 calories ( according to the online calorie counter). Take a Spinning class, 1 hr of "hard core" spinning burns 800+ calories!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:20 AM on Feb. 23, 2009

• Also you say "Would that be okay BESIDES diet and exercise" The answer is NO. If your goal is to be healthier something we all already do isn't going to make you lose weight or become healthier. You have to eat healthy and exercise in addition to your normal daily activities. Also BE careful with those little energy shot drinks. They have a HUGE amount of Niacin in them. I was one given a cholesterol pill with half the amount of niacin as in those little shots and my body had a reaction to it. I literally woke up in the middle of the night feeling like my body from the inside out was on fire. I had to soak a towel and wrap myself up in it and call 911. It's a common possible side effect if you are sensitive to niacin! Seriously, if you need energy, workout....when I workout in the morning i'm pumping for the rest of the day and being more active in my day from feeling energized I burn even more calories!
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 9:40 AM on Feb. 23, 2009