AnOtHeR BaBy?????

My husband just told me he wants another baby. our daughter is 7 1/2 months old. I kinda want another baby too. Do you think this is too soon? I know "to each , thier own" but whats your opinion. And i know if we try and achieve it alot of ppl we know will talk so much crap about us. I think he wants a boy now or something because my sis and sis in law are both about to have boys. What do you think?

youngandafraid

Asked by youngandafraid at 1:00 AM on Feb. 23, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• be realistic. What if you have a high risk preg, and need meds and stuff that are not covered? what if you have to quit work, or are denyed benefits from state aid? what if the aid you get is not enough? Do not romanticize it, havign a baby is a joy but it is a huge huge burden too...Will you and hubby still feel this way if your child has specail needs and you basically have no way to cover th ecost?I am preg and I ask these things because my financial situation is not the best either-and a lot of unpredictable stuff popped up. Think of all the things you and your baby will not have becauwe you are strapped...if you can live with all the added pressures, then all the power to you.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:04 AM on Feb. 23, 2009

• I know I couldn't do it but if you can more power to ya! I have a friend who has an 8 month old and is 6 months pregnant with #2. Yes, I'm sure you'll get some nasty remarks but whatever, they arent the ones changing the diapers! =)
    Chandra034

Answer by Chandra034 at 1:05 AM on Feb. 23, 2009

• this answer was meant for this question...my computer screwed up...disregard lol.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:06 AM on Feb. 23, 2009

• Personally I'd go crazy but if you can handle it physically, financially, and emotionally and you're ready than go for it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:07 AM on Feb. 23, 2009

• Judging just by your screen name...I'd say it's probably not a good idea.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:10 AM on Feb. 23, 2009

• For me it would be too soon. Anon I know you are just trying to get her to think this through, but she never mentioned any money problems at all. It came acrossed pretty rude assuming they are not smart enough to realize they can't afford a baby. The problems you brought up can happen with any pregnancy not just one soon after having a baby.
    Anyways youngandafraid if you guys are ready then have another. Many moms have survived having kids so close together.
    AnnaMac

Answer by AnnaMac at 1:11 AM on Feb. 23, 2009

• i made a cafemom when i was younger. everyone says that though.
    youngandafraid

Answer by youngandafraid at 1:12 AM on Feb. 23, 2009

• Although I do have to add 19 with two kids is pretty young
    AnnaMac

Answer by AnnaMac at 1:14 AM on Feb. 23, 2009

• im 24 and preggo w my 3rd..my 2 daughters are 2 1/2 and 3 1/2..their birthdays are 10 days shy of being a yr apart..i went completely nuts..if you can financially support the other child then do it if you feel it's right. otherwise i would wait till you got on your feet..and the fact that you're only 18, i would Definately wait a few years. its easy doin in with one.
    tnteaton

Answer by tnteaton at 1:55 AM on Feb. 23, 2009

• I think you should at least wait until dd is a year to let your body fully heal. Plenty do it though and are fine. If you two are ready, who cares what anyone else thinks? If this is something that you both want then that's great!
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 2:00 AM on Feb. 23, 2009