How much do you pay an babysitter? Does anyone know an affordable daycare?

Geanina

Asked by Geanina at 9:30 PM on Jun. 19, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I was paid $3 an hour to watch a 3 year old boy once in a while. That was about 5 years ago.
    jazztastic

Answer by jazztastic at 9:32 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• I pay around $2.50 hr for when I'm working if I just want to see a movie I pay around $ 20.00s . sometime I give my babbysitter $3. I around my hours up .
    lorie1267

Answer by lorie1267 at 9:39 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• First, where do the people who only pay $3 or so an hour live? I may move there. I pay $10 an hour in Savannah, and paid $12-15 in New York. So expensive!
    ChristieV

Answer by ChristieV at 9:45 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• im getting paid 20 cents an hour to watch my 7 year old sister,....

im not even getting paid peanuts,.im getting paid just to taste the salt on their shell =(
    _mRs_dJ_dOe

Answer by _mRs_dJ_dOe at 9:50 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• I pay 200 nan hour for a teenage babysitter
    Lyndall

Answer by Lyndall at 9:59 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• one of my best friends watches my daughter, i pay her 20 for a full day and 10 for a half day, she feeds her bathes her etc and i dont mind because i know she's well taken care of. she's the only one besides family that's watched her, and when family watches her, that's free usually.
    LME25

Answer by LME25 at 1:05 AM on Jun. 20, 2008

• This question depends on if you're just looking for an occational night out, a day to run errands or closer to a full time day care center so that you can work or go to school.

Here in Logan UT there are 2 ways you can do the DCC. One is there are some that do it by the hour that price is usually 2.50 an hour per kid. Then there are those who charge like 425.00 a month for full time care (for a toddler). The latter is actually cheaper in the end but you do have to pay half up front usually.

For a day you might just ask a friend or someone from your church to watch them. (most of the time they wont charge you for that but again it's different for everyone).

And I agree when you're going to the movies or out to dinner and your hiring a teenager. It's a flat rate of about 20 bucks.
    2murphyboys

Answer by 2murphyboys at 2:29 AM on Jun. 20, 2008

• In Kamloops, BC Canada I pay my daycare provider $35 per day and that includes snacks and lunch. I pay our babysitter (for a night out) $5 per hour for our 2 children aged 4 and 1/2 and 18 months. She is young and as she babysits more regularly for us we will pay her more per hour.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:07 AM on Jun. 20, 2008