my husband is done having kids but I am not (we have 3) what can I do to get over it?

he is getting a vasectomy this coming Friday :[

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:22 AM on Feb. 23, 2009 in Relationships

• IMO, when it comes to having kids, the "no" trumps all. I was done after three kids and celebrated my husband's vasectomy with lots of stress free sex.

That didn't keep me from having twinges now and then and wishing I could do it again. It is difficult to accept "this is it," and you won't ever be in the same stage of life any more. The same thing happens when all the kids start school. When they start driving, dating, getting married, moving away, having their own babies. It is hard to move from one stage of life to another. You will start noticing the benefits of these changes too, and though you will probably get nostalgic from time to time, you will see that each stage has it's own special reward.
    FlyMom07

Answer by FlyMom07 at 4:58 AM on Feb. 23, 2009

• Give it time. My husband said the same thing and was insistant that he would never want another. About a year later he begged to have another.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:23 AM on Feb. 23, 2009

• why arent you? Why do you need more children? Enjoy all that you have and love what you have. Many people would love to be able to have 3. Look at it a different view. You can have more with what you have now. Cost the time the energy. Three is a good number love and enjoy all you have
    moma22angels

Answer by moma22angels at 1:25 AM on Feb. 23, 2009

• Oh...nevermind I didn't see the vasectomy part. Sorry
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:25 AM on Feb. 23, 2009

• pull out baby pics lol may want him to have another
    Have3Girls114

Answer by Have3Girls114 at 1:35 AM on Feb. 23, 2009

• He is getting a vasectomy against your wishes? Wow. Umm I'm sorry, I am in the same boat except I won't allow the vasectomy.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:43 AM on Feb. 23, 2009

• It's wrong for him to do that against your wishes... you're supposed to be a team. Not saying that he should give you more kids, but he's throwing away ANY chance of that in the future. How hurtful. Make sure he knows exactly how you feel about this before Friday. Good Luck!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:56 AM on Feb. 23, 2009

• It is his body you have to respect his wishes. If having a baby is not right for both of you it is not right for either of you.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:10 AM on Feb. 23, 2009

• If the OP wanted an abortion against his wishes none of you would be saying he has any say. She has no say over his body either.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:11 AM on Feb. 23, 2009

• get over it
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:21 AM on Feb. 23, 2009