How do you make up with a cat?? I just....

smacked my cat. I have NEVER EVER hit my cat before... and I just smacked him... not hard, but I gave him a good tap on the butt. I was scratching my shoulder (under my shirt) and he NAILED ME! Through the shirt, with teeth and claws... my hand is bleeding in four places! OMG I feel horrible! How do you make up to a cat? Oh yeah and how to you make the scratches stop buring?? Cat claws are horrible!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:33 AM on Feb. 23, 2009 in Pets

• your cat will forgive you i do to my cat all the time when he bits me and claws me he never did that hard so i think you should put something on it cause if your cats an indoor cat he has all that germs from the litter but anyway my cat always comes running back to me to get pet and still lays next to me
    mommyofone0724

Answer by mommyofone0724 at 4:54 AM on Feb. 23, 2009

• awww im sorry honey, he will get over it!!!! can you put antibacterial spray on it and bandage it?
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 1:38 AM on Feb. 23, 2009

• forget making up with the cat put him on a cage all night long

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:40 AM on Feb. 23, 2009

• Play redrocket with it?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:41 AM on Feb. 23, 2009

• Cats Live In The Now Not The Past So He Will Just Forget About It. Definitely Clean The Cut, There Could Be All Kinds Of Germs In It From The Cats Claws And Teeth.
    Kari_Noelle

Answer by Kari_Noelle at 5:08 AM on Feb. 23, 2009

• Run cold water over the scratches, then wash them with sop, it helps reduce the sting, then more cold water if needed. Just ignore the cat for a few minutes, then carry on like it never happened, and Kitty will forgive and forget too. If you are consistant about it he will learn not to play so rough.
    Don't put the cat into a cage for a long time it is totally unnecessary and counter-productive. Anon 10:40, what is your problem with cats?
    pagan_mama

Answer by pagan_mama at 7:22 AM on Feb. 23, 2009

• My cats have been swatted from time to time. They will probably try to make up to you. Wash the scratches well and apply an antibiotic ointment.
    Marwill

Answer by Marwill at 9:48 AM on Feb. 23, 2009

• Fish and cuddles I"steal " my cat at least once a day pick him up and brush or comb him he loves it!
    Caramel824

Answer by Caramel824 at 9:54 AM on Feb. 23, 2009

• Cats don't hold grudges, like the other poster said they live in the now (althought people THINK they hold grudges, they don't). I would bet your cat has already come over and started rubbing on you. Clean your scratches and don't worry about kitty's feelings.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 10:06 AM on Feb. 23, 2009

• make sure you thorouly wash your cuts with soap and water! you can contract a bacterial ilness called cat scrach fever and it is verry dangerous!! especialy if you are pregnant!! also aply a liberal amount of antibotic ointment. as for making up with your cat just give her a little attention and talk sweet to her. she will learn from her experience if you are consitant with her. best of luck
    allforthelove

Answer by allforthelove at 5:34 AM on Mar. 1, 2009