would you get mad if your stupid MIL left you a message on your cell saying " she doesn't know what her son saw in you"?

does she mean it as in she doesnt think youre attractive or does she mean it as in she wishes you were nicer? I texted her back saying I don't know what your husband saw in you look at you youre already 50 years old and still dress like a damn teenager trying to get attention all the time, etc etc. I've noticed that she loves it when my brother in law dates sluts like her and since i'm desent she doesnt like me.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:33 AM on Feb. 23, 2009 in Just for Fun

• You really talk to each other like that?
    Damn, that sucks............
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:35 AM on Feb. 23, 2009

• yeah she started talking to me like that just cause DH told her the puppies she wanted to sell to our friends were mutts and they wanted pure breed so just cause of that she started saying that i've changed her son and this and that. its so ridiculous the whole drama over some mutt dogs.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:37 AM on Feb. 23, 2009

• MIL are just like that you know... mine told my husband she didnt think i was ready for marriage and he should be careful...i think its jealousy.... u have their baby boy and they don't like it...

i say, dont fret, be a great wife and make her feel dumb :)
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 1:37 AM on Feb. 23, 2009

• ya be the better person when she gets rude you be kind it will annoy her more trust me
    Have3Girls114

Answer by Have3Girls114 at 1:39 AM on Feb. 23, 2009

• I agree........it's a jealousy issue.
    Take the higher road and ignore her dumb comments.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:39 AM on Feb. 23, 2009

• i would be pisssed.
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 1:42 AM on Feb. 23, 2009

• I think it's time that you and your MIL sit down face to face and have a civilized and adult conversation. The cards need to be laid out. If that is not possible (and something tells me it isn't) then your DH needs to step in to defend you. It would also probably be better if you just didn't respond to her texts and messages. It just fuels it on and gives her ammunition. Don't let her egg you on like that. Be the bigger person.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:44 AM on Feb. 23, 2009

• Sheesh, tell her to cut the cord already!!
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 1:45 AM on Feb. 23, 2009

• Hey, my DH's whole family says he changed whenever he met me... considering I love the person he is, I don't care if they agree with the change or not; and you shouldn't either. That's just sorry you two talking to each other like that.... I'd be the one to stop (it takes two to fight, but only one to stop). Anyway, I'm not bashing at you personally, just the situation. You're letting her bring you down to her level, don't. But I don't think she was talking about your looks with that comment; it seems more an attack on your character.
    PaceMyself

Answer by PaceMyself at 1:46 AM on Feb. 23, 2009

• my MIL HAS SAID WAY WORSE...... I HATE HER!!!!
    youngandafraid

Answer by youngandafraid at 1:48 AM on Feb. 23, 2009