Is it safe to take Pepto?

Does anybody know if it is safe to take pepto bismol while pregnant?!?!?! I made the mistake of giving into a craving for chocolate milk and I'm lactose intolerant and feel like I"m gonna die! Can I take a little or what?

via86

Asked by via86 at 1:38 AM on Feb. 23, 2009 in Pregnancy

• generally no, but i did 3 times it was the only thing that helped my heart burn... in moderation i believe everything is okay :]
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 1:41 AM on Feb. 23, 2009

• No, I had to take Kaopeptate. My Doc said that there is Aslirin in Pepto and it is not good for the baby.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:46 AM on Feb. 23, 2009

• Aspirin*
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:47 AM on Feb. 23, 2009

• Yeah, my doc said no also. You don't have an TUMS? You can for sure take those. I popped them like candy!!
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 1:57 AM on Feb. 23, 2009

• Yeah I pop TUMs like candy all the time too. But I ran out earlier and can't get my hubby to get up to go get some from Walmart. And I don't know how to drive a friggin standard!
    via86

Answer by via86 at 2:01 AM on Feb. 23, 2009

• I wouldn't recommend taking Pepto- but if the reason for not taking it is because of Aspirin, then unless you have had any bleeding during your pregnancy, you should be fine taking 1-2 doses a day without causing problems. Doctors like to cover their butts if you know what I mean- My doctor didn't let me take Excedrin for my migraines because I had bleeding during my pregnancy- it too has aspirin in it, however as soon as I hit the 30 week mark and no more bleeding, she allowed me- If you are in pain, and do not have anything else in the home- you should take 1 dose and see if it helps.
    MotherOf3As

Answer by MotherOf3As at 3:57 AM on Feb. 23, 2009