falling asleep

sometimes when im bfing i fall asleep. does anyone else do this and do you think its okay?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:17 AM on Feb. 23, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I did all the time...just make sured you are in a position baby cannot fall, and you cannot smother baby.
    ColleenF30

Answer by ColleenF30 at 2:24 AM on Feb. 23, 2009

• I did it all the time. I co-slept with my girls while I was BFing and would wake up lay on my side while they nursed and usually fall asleep while they were nursing.
    LolosMom

Answer by LolosMom at 2:41 AM on Feb. 23, 2009

• i used to do that when i first started feeding her
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 8:36 AM on Feb. 23, 2009

• I did too, one time he slid off the nursing pillow on to the floor, the pillow cushioned his fall but I felt horrible. After that I started nursing him on the couch, but was worried that if I fell asleep there he might roll off the pillow and smother in couch cushions. It was easier to stay awake with the worry! Now he sleeps in by bed, alot easier, no worries about passing out sitting with him on my lap. There's a hormone that's released when we breastfeed that makes us and baby sleepy, can't remember what it is right now, but it's hard to fight it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:38 AM on Feb. 23, 2009

• I always do. Nothing wrong with it.
    Pauline3283

Answer by Pauline3283 at 9:47 AM on Feb. 23, 2009

• i do this all the time!lol. mostly at night when i am sooo tired. alot of the time i get into a comfy position like laying down with him tummy to tummy and let him eat till he falls off and i go to sleep. sometimes i even feed him on the coach and dox. being a mom take it out of you-
    sandraberke

Answer by sandraberke at 9:55 AM on Feb. 23, 2009

• I do it sometimes when he eats at 6am and i feed him in bed, but I always run into the problem of when I wake up, I have an empty booby and he doesnt wanna eat any on the other side! lol So I always try my hardest to stay awake...
    CassCass

Answer by CassCass at 10:10 AM on Feb. 23, 2009