Sean Penns acceptance speech?

so i'm sooo far behind, and the oscars are still on.

and that speach from. . sean penn i think is his name?

i thought i misheard and he was sayin that gay/lesbians shouldn't marry and stuff. i got so mad. then i heard the ending. hahahaha

i think its cool that he supports it, but should he do such a controvercial topic in his speach??

I am 110% FOR equal rights, but i was just curious. .??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:48 AM on Feb. 23, 2009 in Entertainment

• Of course he had to mention all of that, that's what the movie he won for was about. Gay rights.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:07 AM on Feb. 23, 2009

• oh. i didn't see that movie. . .

my bad
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:40 AM on Feb. 23, 2009

• i knew he was going to say something about that because of what the movie was about and I am glad that he did hopefully the more people that come out in support of it the more it will help them get the rights they deserve
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:50 AM on Feb. 23, 2009

• Sean Penn ( you think that is his name?) holy moly! How old are you?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:15 AM on Feb. 23, 2009

• I enjoyed his speech.

P.S. Spell check is your friend.

xtina34

Answer by xtina34 at 5:37 AM on Feb. 23, 2009

• I got a kick out of his speech but I can't believe he forgot to mention his kids and wife! Ummmm I'd be peeved if I was Robin (his wife).
    bagjmama

Answer by bagjmama at 6:58 AM on Feb. 23, 2009

• Sean Penn is an idiot who will use any stage to push or throw his views on you. If I would have watched last night, I would have turned the channel until his speech was over. Not saying all his views are bad, I'm just sick and tired of certain celebrities thinking we want to hear them over and over and over...
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 7:48 AM on Feb. 23, 2009

• I enjoyed the speech a lot. In the beginning he even said that he knows he makes it hard for everyone to appreciate him. Everyone laughed. I thought it was very touching.
    KelleyP77

Answer by KelleyP77 at 4:58 PM on Feb. 23, 2009

• I'm in complete agreement with Penn... But did he really have to discuss it at the Oscars? I'm not a fan of political speech at awards shows, regardless of the views expressed. I just find it a little unseemly.
    AesSedai

Answer by AesSedai at 7:09 PM on Feb. 23, 2009

• I enjoyed it.
    JackalsWife

Answer by JackalsWife at 7:26 PM on Feb. 23, 2009