Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

UGH I HATE MY DOCTOR!!!! Need Advice

Ok Here's The Deal...I Want To Be Put On Bedrest (I Am 29 Weeks 5 Days AND SPOTTING) But I Can't Seem To Convince My Doctor, He's A Moron But The Only One My Insurance Covers In The Area. I Have Had 9 YES 9 Miscarriages And He Knows This. I Have A History Of Preterm Labor Which He Also Knows. Anytime I Do Something SLIGHTLY Difficult (Walking, Cleaning, Picking Up My DD) I Start Spotting. My Appt Isn't Until Friday (Every Two Weeks Because I Am "Not High Risk" Yeah Right) What Can I Tell Him To Get Him To Understand I Need To Be Put On Bedrest? (My Work Won't Let Me Take Time Off With Out Dr's Orders Except For My 6 Week Maternity Leave) My DF Doesn't Think Its All That Serious Since The Doctor Hasn't Put Me On Bedrest. Any Advice?


Asked by Kari_Noelle at 5:38 AM on Feb. 23, 2009 in Pregnancy

Level 19 (7,731 Credits)
This question is closed.
Answers (6)
  • i would threaten him with malpractice suites. may be cruel but it worked for my POS male doc with my last baby. lets put it this way, if i had broken my water at home, luke wouldnt be here. he sent me home at SEVEN centemeters (mind you i live an hour from the hospital) and said luke was still too up high, so i wouldnt be having him soon. turns out he was up high b/c he was BREECH. so yeah, i would definently put a thumb up the docs butt and let HIM know whos BOSS. keep us updated!

    Answer by joshismyangel at 11:23 AM on Feb. 23, 2009

  • Hmmm...Doctor is a male. Call the doctors office - see if you can talk to a female, another doctor, nurse or receptionist. Explain the problem to a female. They may lay such a guilt trip that he will order bed rest. Not foolproof but it could work.

    You could also try going to the ER. The insurance can't tell you not to go there. While there explain to the ER doctor that your regular doc won't put you on bed rest. See if they can convince him.


    Answer by FlyMom07 at 5:59 AM on Feb. 23, 2009

  • i would complain.......i would get a new doc

    Answer by LexsiesMommy at 6:54 AM on Feb. 23, 2009

  • I would find a new doc.

    Answer by ColleenF30 at 6:56 AM on Feb. 23, 2009

  • i would just tell him everything you just wrote again and make him see your side and tell him you are just very worried you are gana misscarry again and if he still dont get it i eould drive to where ever i had to and get a new doc my preyers are with you!!!!!

    Answer by Mother_18 at 9:05 AM on Feb. 23, 2009

  • Go to the ER and see what they tell you there.

    Answer by salexander at 11:00 AM on Feb. 23, 2009