Can anyone help me deal with not having more children?

I feel a little selfish about wanting more children when there are people who can not even have one. I have been trying to concieve for almost three years now and it just hasn't happened. I had cervical cancer and they did surgery to remove a portion of my cervix. After surgery the docs said there was an 85% chance of me never having any more children. At my follow up exam he said everything looked good and the probability of having more children was high. Apparently not high enough. I have decided that I should just give up and get over it. I have three beautiful children who are all perfect to me. I should be happy with what God gave me. Does anyone have any ideas to help me move on from this?

Fairytalemomof3

Asked by Fairytalemomof3 at 5:39 AM on Feb. 23, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• I knew a girl who didnt conceive her 2nd child to about 5 years and she told me she was gonna give up when she was about to she got pregnant .. ill pray for you to have a miracle god bless and baby dust to you and never give up!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:02 AM on Feb. 23, 2009

• (((HUGS)))) I have had cervical cancer twice now so I feel your pain. I dont' know if completely giving up is the best choice, but if it's stressing you out maybe taking a break is a first step. Stress can make it harder to get pregnant. If you've already decided to give up then I think the only thing to help get over not having another baby is time. And try not to think about what you didn't get and be thankful each day for what you did get. Easier said that done i know, lol. I'm kind of in the same spot as you...so i feel I can relate.
    munch12502

Answer by munch12502 at 6:13 AM on Feb. 23, 2009

• I feel bad for you is all I can say. That is hard to accept. HUGS.
    KARRIEMARIE

Answer by KARRIEMARIE at 7:53 AM on Feb. 23, 2009

• Prayer honestly. That's all I can think of. My husband and I want children. I had my tubes tied about 6 years ago after my third child and second divorce. I brought that to myself and didn't have it taken away by anything but it still bothered me after the fact that. I still cry about not being able to have anymore children. I just pray. That's the only relief I have. I have three children, my husband has two as well so we have a house full when everyone is home, but we still want our own. We've thought about adopting. That's always an option for you sweety. I know it's not the same. We are looking forward to it though.
    yw8t4life

Answer by yw8t4life at 11:14 AM on Feb. 23, 2009