do you think i might be pregnant?

my baby is 6months old and i'm full time breastfeeding. I started my period when my baby was about 5 months. i was suppose to get my period about a week ago...but havent got it yet:( ...... i took a pregnancy test and it was negative..do you think i could be pregnant?.....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:51 AM on Feb. 23, 2009 in Pregnancy

• it can take your period a while to get back to normal. Just because you got it once doesn't mean the next month it will just show up on schedule. It's not out of the question that you are pregnant and the hormone is just not strong enough to be detected yet, but it's also not out of the question that you are not pregnant and your period is just wonky right now.
    munch12502

Answer by munch12502 at 6:58 AM on Feb. 23, 2009

• You could be, but like the first reply said, it can take awhile for your period to get back to normal. My period was on and off for several months when it first returned.
    BlueFrogMama

Answer by BlueFrogMama at 7:00 AM on Feb. 23, 2009

• If you think that breastfeeding will prevent you from getting pregnant and you're not using any birth control, then yes, you could be pregnant. 

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:07 AM on Feb. 23, 2009

• Breastfeeding prevented me from getting pregnant for 14 months. I got my period back after 11. I'm the type who can get looked at funny by my husband and get pregnant so I know for sure it was breastfeeding. I did get one period in there when he was about 8 months and not another until he was 11 months so it's possible that you aren't. I'd wait a few days and re-test.
    Pauline3283

Answer by Pauline3283 at 9:24 AM on Feb. 23, 2009

• If you had sex you COULD be pregnant. On the other hand, none of us have radar, so wait a few days and re-test.
    pagan_mama

Answer by pagan_mama at 9:26 AM on Feb. 23, 2009