How would you handle this?

My best freinds son is 2.5 and my son is 2 they are GREAT freinds.. but like all 2 yr olds they argue well my bff was at my house yesterday and i asked her if she could watch the kids so i could do my dishes .. she said yes.. wellabout 5 minutes later i hear my son crying and i look in and ask why hes crying.. she is sitting on the computer on her myspace page (without even asking me if she could use it) and she said "your sons just a crybaby" I wnet up and asked him what was wrong and he said "meremere took cars" i looked and her son had ALL the hotwheels and so when i told him to give some back to jr he said no so i took 2 (he had 4) and gave them to jr and he went crying to his mom.. and she told me why did i take em and that my son needed to go his own from the closet and not be a crybaby.. THEY WERE HIS CARS ANYWAYS! HE WAS SHARING!!! i walked away and told them to share.. how would have you handled it?

JrsMommy07

Asked by JrsMommy07 at 8:30 AM on Feb. 23, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I think you handled it just fine. You were tactful kind while still asserting your boundaries and being a good model for your child. Kudos to you. Your friend apparently had her head up her butt. I'd be asking myself how much time I wanted my child to spend with someone who has no respect for his things and who calls him names.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:33 AM on Feb. 23, 2009

• well i am a total bitch i would have told her to get off my damn computer and take care of her son and if he cant share then he doesnt need to play at all.
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 8:42 AM on Feb. 23, 2009

• you were to nice to your friend. To the other child you were great. Children need to share and if they can't than no one should play with the toy until they can share. Your friend needs a reality check and how dare she talk about your child like that. She is acting like a child herself and her child is going to turn into a bully by how she is acting. Congrats to you because i wouldve showed my friend the door
    mishi444

Answer by mishi444 at 9:57 AM on Feb. 23, 2009

• I definitely think that you had every right to be upset...I'd be pretty pissed myself. To be honest with you...I'm not sure exactly what I'd say to my "friend". My first reaction would be to say that I would tell her...that's not okay, we share in our home...I teach Nevaeh to share, when you're visiting I'd expect the same from you and your son. But...I'll tell you, something like that would TOTALLY break my trust as far as that person's parenting and I know I wouldn't feel comfortable leaving my daughter with her. It seems like WAY too many parents DON'T teach their kids to share, what's up with that?

gem_mommie

Answer by gem_mommie at 12:46 PM on Feb. 23, 2009

• i would have taken all of her son's car and told him that is how it feels when we dont share. i would hope to make him cry, then i would tell her that my son was not a cry baby, that he was expressing a logical emotion and that they needed to learn to share, that she said she would watch them and by watching them, that means interacting and guiding them rather than ignoring htem to play online, that i could have just ignored them myself when doing the dishes. i would also start to think of her as a lesser mother and a b.....
    Anonymous

• Some friend. I think I'd ditch her and her kid both.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:32 AM on Feb. 24, 2009