soccer grandpa

my neighbor has been playing indoor soccer.so my daughter started..the mom saw us there and almost had a heart attack. now she doesnt go to any of the games.and her father(the mothers father) takes the girl.i dont get it.i havent talked to her in a yr.the grandfather walked by me and gave me a look to kill.now she is going around saying i was mean at soccer...i dont get it.its time to get over this...ignoring is not helping...confronting really wont help..any ideas???slandering my name seems to be helping her alot.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:54 AM on Feb. 23, 2009 in General Parenting

• May be personal but knowing what happened (if anything) between the two of you moms would help...Anyway taking your kid to soccer is a perfectly acceptable thing to do and if she has issues with you she just needs to put on her big girl panties and deal with it!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:58 AM on Feb. 23, 2009

• Are you sure that talking to her will not help? After all, you are neighbors and are stuck by each other for awhile. Maybe she feels that you slighted her somehow? Maybe something happened that you do not know about?
    All I can suggest is to attempt to talk to her and go from there. If that does not work, do you have any "mutual friends"...maybe another neighbor? Maybe they know whats going on. You could always ask them. But my first suggestion would be to go right to the source of the conflict and try to solve it from there.
    NewMommyin06

Answer by NewMommyin06 at 9:00 AM on Feb. 23, 2009

• Sounds like she is really immature. But the only way to deal w/ it is to ask her what the problem is. In a nice way. I know it will be hard, but that is the only way to get thru this.
    4monkees

Answer by 4monkees at 12:23 PM on Feb. 23, 2009