Do you keep your house spotless? Or is it a controlled mess?

My house is often kinds messy but not always a pig stye. I want to know if I'm alone or not. Be honest, how clean is your house? If someone called RIGHT NOW and said they were down the street, would you be embarrassed when they saw your house?

beckcorc

Asked by beckcorc at 9:02 AM on Feb. 23, 2009 in Just for Fun

• During the week my house is very clean and people can stop by any time and I'll be fine. But I work outside of the house on the weekends and Dh is left home alone with the kids. He does, well I won't say his best, but he does attempt to keep things somewhat picked up...but he's more into playing that cleaning. So Mondays, I spend the morning cleaning! I'm done with the kitchen and one bathroom but had to take a break before I hit the next bathroom.

There is one room in the house that is almost always messy and that's the kids room. Even when they clean it it's lacking. So I usually just go behind them and clean it myself because my standards are much higher than theirs. LOL

munch12502

Answer by munch12502 at 10:36 AM on Feb. 23, 2009

• I really do try to keep my house guest-presentable at all times. That doesn't mean it's spotless, but I try hard to take care of things right away that I'd be embarrassed for my neighbor to see. Of course, when my 2 year old is up and about, there are toys strewn about and what-not, but I go through and pick everything up a few times a day.
    BlueFrogMama

Answer by BlueFrogMama at 9:04 AM on Feb. 23, 2009

• Well I haven't showered and am still in my jammies so my first concern would be putting on clothes. And then maybe shove all the dirty dishes in the dishwasher, being in the middle of cleaning when company comes at least makes it look like I clean more! My house is generally clean clutter we have way too much stuff for the size of our house.
    goaliemom93

Answer by goaliemom93 at 9:05 AM on Feb. 23, 2009

• With the exception of toys that are out and being used I keep a pretty tight ship. On weekends however it is more of an orchestrated anarchy. I can take clutter but not filth.

salexander

Answer by salexander at 9:07 AM on Feb. 23, 2009

• right now yes cuz it is monday and everyone was home over the weekend its always messy on mondya mornings
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 9:07 AM on Feb. 23, 2009

• I'm the "Spotless" type. I would feel like goaliemom, not dressed, otherwise my house is clean.
    busybee68

Answer by busybee68 at 9:08 AM on Feb. 23, 2009

• It's a controlled mess, my house is not sparkling clean but it's not a pigstye either
    efmeador0709

Answer by efmeador0709 at 9:08 AM on Feb. 23, 2009

• I keep my house CLEAN, but not always straightened. I clean the bathrooms and kitchen a couple of times per week, dust and sweep at least once each week. I have a 19-month old, though, and I'm just teaching her to clean up after herself. If someone called and told me they were down the street and coming over, I could run through and pick up toys and my house would like fine. Overall, I believe that spending time with my daughter is more important than keeping a spotless house. I put things into perspective a lot by asking myself, "If I were on my deathbed, would I say 'Gee, I wish I would've cleaned more' or would I say 'I wish I could spend more time with my daughter.' ?"
    Each afternoon, before my husband comes home, I walk through and pick up most of the clutter so that he can come home to a calm, clean house.
    divakristi

Answer by divakristi at 9:08 AM on Feb. 23, 2009

• Well if they were right down the street i wouldnt be to bad today... LOL I work hard at keeping it clean, but i have a 1yr and a 5yr so keeping a nice clean house is out of the question... Now dont get me wrong its clean it just looks like a cyclone hit it...
    HottMamaRossx2

Answer by HottMamaRossx2 at 9:10 AM on Feb. 23, 2009

• Right now, you'd be hard pressed to find anything dirty. We clean top to bottom every night before bed. At about noon it'll start to get messy and we'll clean again. It's rarely dirty, I have 5 kids who are here all day, ages 10, 8, 7, 5 and 2.
    Pauline3283

Answer by Pauline3283 at 9:20 AM on Feb. 23, 2009