Who should sleep in??? Pregnant mom of a 2-3 year old or a law student husband>...

It is hell every weekend morning with my husband... im 21 weeks pregnant and am at home all day with our 2 1/2 year old. I am so very tired, I do all the chores, cleaning etc.even dinner every night and cleanup/dishes. by the time i can go to bed its 11;30 at night. We were doing a trade off every other day during the weekend to wake up with our early riser daughter. But this weekend he refused and said i should get up with her since he does all week, (he has to be up any ways, and i only get to sleep an extra 15 min after them. ) I got up sat. morning with her and cooked everyone breakfast. then come sunday, his turn and he threw a big fit and yelled at me saying i was lazy and that hes tired because of school, and so on...God i feel like screaming at him! So i got up. he slept in till 10:30. What am I supposed to do to handle this appropriately. Shouldnt i be able to sleep in...or him??How do i reason with the stubborn ass!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:09 AM on Feb. 23, 2009 in Relationships

• UMM YOU, hands down. That shouldn't even be a question and he is an a**

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:11 AM on Feb. 23, 2009

• Sounds like you BOTH need the sleep, and like neither of you is going to get enough of it. And it also sounds like maybe his jerkish behavior was caused by exhaustion? (I hope so.) I would wait until a time when he's in a good mood to bring it up. Try not to be accusatory or angry. Try to keep it about your needs, and be sure to awknowledge his needs and the fact that he's exhausted, too. If you can approach this problem as a team, hopefully you can both get a little more rest. But being pregnant doesn't automatically mean you should get all the sleep and he should do all the mornings. I know I don't have to tell you that law school is grueling.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:14 AM on Feb. 23, 2009

• I say take turns. Yes your pregnant but he too is under a lot of stress. I can't imagine law school being stressfree. I say take turns.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 9:14 AM on Feb. 23, 2009

• But he doesnt want to take turns with me anymore!!! He says he shall get to sleep in every weekened and i can just tough it out!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:17 AM on Feb. 23, 2009

• Ya know what what? You need to go find one of those prego bellies and have him wear it and take care of your kid all day. I bet he will check his jerky attitude.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:20 AM on Feb. 23, 2009

• Honestly taking turns is best. I say him though. YOU have the ability to take naps when your DD does. He doesn't. If she doesn't take naps, then he has to respect that you don't get that and need one day a weekend to sleep in. My DH is a University student too, he is getting a 5 year degree in 3 years, so he has always had a FULL load. I always let him sleep in because I got naps during the day, I was pregnant too. Then again he would always just let me sleep in one day a weekend. Not because I asked though.
    Navymama

Answer by Navymama at 9:29 AM on Feb. 23, 2009

• YOU of course! YOUR job is more stressful and you need rest to care for your family more efficiently...

mominbolt

Answer by mominbolt at 9:29 AM on Feb. 23, 2009

• It's called stress, you and hub are both stressed and tired. It's not a question of who's right or wrong. I always got up with our children, no matter how tired I waS. It was just something I did. It wasn't a question of who deserved what more, that just begs for trouble. Having a war of who gets toi sleep in is asking for trouble, and is NOT the real issue.
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 9:38 AM on Feb. 23, 2009

• Sorry but you sound like a whining child. You are a stay at home mom which means it's your job to take care of the child. He does get up with the child, whether he was getting up early for work anyway doesn't matter, he still was up and doing things with the child. If you are so tired, nap when your child naps. I work outside of the home now and take care of a very lazy husband and toddler. I still manage to work 40 hours a week and get all of the housework done with 8 hours of sleep every night. You need to cut him some slack!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:32 AM on Feb. 23, 2009

• My DH and I have a system, if he needs sleep, I'll get up early with our 2 1/2 year old (I'm 37 weeks pregnant and he is on nights, so he doesn't get to sleep at night at all). I tough it out until nap time and when he wakes up, I get to lay down and nap. He then puts our LO down for a nap and has a couple of hours to veg while me and LO nap.
    It works out really well for our family and may be a good alternative for you as well.
    nwdeserangel

Answer by nwdeserangel at 11:41 AM on Feb. 23, 2009