HELP! MY SON WHO IS 15 MONTHS HAS BEEN TEETHING LATLEY SO HE WAS LAUGHING AND I JUST HAPPEN TO GLANCE IN HIS MOTH AND I SEE A HUGE BUBBLE-FLAP OF SKIN WHICH IS RAISED UP ALOT AND IS RED AND HAS SOMETHING WHITE IN IT! I KNOW ITS NOT A TOOTH, IT WAS LIKE A WHITE STRING! WHAT SHOULD I DO? HE HAS A APPT ON THURS FOR A CHECKUP. SHOULD I WAIT OR HAS SOMEONE EXPIERIENCED THIS BEFORE??

miracle_baby07

Asked by miracle_baby07 at 9:11 AM on Feb. 23, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• no you don't wait, if you are that concerned call now.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:12 AM on Feb. 23, 2009

• maybe a infection call the dr asap never had that happen but if its red and puffy it wouldent be a bad idea to get it checked out hugs to the little man teething stinks :P
    kris10npj

Answer by kris10npj at 9:18 AM on Feb. 23, 2009

• go to the doc asap. I always follow "If it doesnt look right, take him/her to someone who has the knowledge to tell you what is right."
    mishi444

Answer by mishi444 at 9:54 AM on Feb. 23, 2009

• When my oldest got her teeth, she would have the normal swelling of the gums but right before the teeth would cut thru she would get what I called a skin tag. It looked almost like a blister but was red on the outside and white on the inside. Once she got that I knew that her tooth was going to cut within the next week or less. As soon as her tooth cut it magically disappeared. But I agree with PP that if you are really worried about it then have him checked out. Good luck, teething is so tough!
    stacy77

Answer by stacy77 at 9:56 AM on Feb. 23, 2009

• yeah if its swollen its probably a tooth and she's chewing on alot of stuff and its upsetting it. try using baby orajel
    babygirl9304627

Answer by babygirl9304627 at 2:22 PM on Feb. 23, 2009