why does she always have to make me feel like shit?

okay so for those of you that know my father is in the hospital and i told my mom last night i would take her to see him this morning. well we got snow last night and the roads are crappy here. so i called and told her we would have to wait til tomorrow. well she called back and is going to take a cab and wanted to know it she took a cab if i would go to the hospital and pick her up. well the whole point is the roads are bad and i am going no where and i told her that. now she is mad and going to take a cab and trying to make me feel like crap. and it is working. should i feel as bad as i do or is she doing this on purpose trying to guilt me into taking her regardless of the weather?

jodi205

Asked by jodi205 at 9:13 AM on Feb. 23, 2009 in Just for Fun

• uhh no jodi you shouldn't. you have bailey with you and you do not want her getting hurt!! that is ridiculous and if she wants to take cab well then let her take a cab. but you stay home!
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 9:34 AM on Feb. 23, 2009

• I'm so sorry to hear about your father. Your mother just wants to get to him and is willing to do whatever she has to to get there. I don't think she is trying to make you feel bad, she just wants to be with your fad. When both of my grandparents were alive, if one was in the hospital the other would sit by their bed all day every day. Towards the end of my Gammy's life that meant we had to drive my Poppy to the hospital every day because he's not allowed to drive anymore. He never cared about putting us out, all he cared about was getting to his wife's side. I think it's admirable, but yes I have felt the guilt when I just couldn't do what he needed of me on occasion.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 9:17 AM on Feb. 23, 2009

• IMO, If it were my parents I would move heaven and earth... Mine are gone, deceased now and both were in and out of the hospital many times over the yrs... The weather wasn't even a factor, they took care of me for 18 yrs, it was least I could do.... Although I don't know the relationship you have with them...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:20 AM on Feb. 23, 2009

• thanks beck. and not too be mean but my mother is a bit of a manipulator and she just tries my nerves. ya know so i dont know what to think. i know she wants to go see him but in her eyes its a trip to the store and blah blah blah she goes every friday to get her hair done instead of being at the hospital with him. so thats why i say is she trying to play me
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 9:22 AM on Feb. 23, 2009

• anon i love my parents but i also have a baby that i dont want to put at risk taking her out in this weather and they live on top of a gigantic hill. i dont have a problem going up the hill but if the roads are bad i dont want to come down it. its a risk factor not that i dont want to see my father
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 9:24 AM on Feb. 23, 2009

• You're mom could take a cab there and back. My parents wouldn't ever ask me to risk my life or my childrens life for them, nor would I ask that of them either.
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 9:31 AM on Feb. 23, 2009

• i know ash and thats why i feel bad cuz she is making me feel like crap cuz of my decision but she is not caring up the safety part of it all. oh well i am staying home and i know she will feed my father full of bull so i will have to call him later and explain
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 9:36 AM on Feb. 23, 2009

• Well, as you have said you know her to be a bit of a manipulator, so I would let it go. It makes no sense to drive only one way. If the roads are bad then stay put. Maybe this is just her way to see how far she can push you. Maybe she won't even take the cab...it was just a ploy to get you to give in.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 9:38 AM on Feb. 23, 2009

• salexander now your getting it lol
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 9:39 AM on Feb. 23, 2009

• i lost my mom 2 yrs ago . and i love and miss her , she was in a nursing home but i am not in good health so when i could i would go if not not. you made another ofter for her and she didn't take. i would say mom i love you but god give me this baby and her safety come frist .i am sorry this up set you. tell dad i love him . then forget it people can dive you crazy if you let them .
    GRANDMALINDAS

Answer by GRANDMALINDAS at 10:22 AM on Feb. 23, 2009