How do I clean the pillow cases?

My husband's pillow cases are really gross. They have hair oil or something on them. I have tried soaking in stain remover. I tried bleaching them. Any ideas? They are so oily you can almost see through them. Gross.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:41 AM on Feb. 23, 2009 in Home & Garden

• Maybe baking soda? I have started using that everytime I have a hard time cleaning something and it really is a little wonder cleaner!
    goaliemom93

Answer by goaliemom93 at 9:42 AM on Feb. 23, 2009

• try dawn dish washing liquid
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 9:43 AM on Feb. 23, 2009

• My husbands pillow case is the same way. He showers in the a.m. so i think the oil that accumulates (and dirt too i guess) from the whole day just ends up on his pillow. Some stains just won't come out and I've tried everything. I gave up and bought several pillowcases that matched our bedclothes.
    GMR

Answer by GMR at 9:56 AM on Feb. 23, 2009

• When cleaning them the first time did you by any chance stuck them in the dryer?

If so you might have just locked in the stain. I would suggest to soak them again with hot water and plenty of bleach or spray bleach directly on the stain (soak for a day) then wash and air dry this time incase you might need to repeat the process.

Or....just buy new pillow cases.  Just curious does he or you dye your hair if so that could be it as well. (the stain). GLdoing laundry

Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 9:57 AM on Feb. 23, 2009