8 1/2 weeks pregnant and morning sickness getting WORSE?!?!

I have been EXTREMELY sick this entire pregnancy (we foudn out I was pregnant around 3 or 4 weeks) and I have been sick ever since! My dr. knows about this, and she did perscribe me Zofran, which works...when I can keep it down!! Half the time i cant though =( I have tried every trick in the book! Eating small meals, keeping crackers by my bedside,jolly rachers,preggy pops, etc. etc, and now it seems like i am jsut getting more and more sick everyday! I started getting headaches a few days ago, and I have been feeling VERY dizzy and lightheaded all the time...Anyone know of anything else that may help? I do keep a lot of water around so thaat I stay hydrated since I am vomitting so much!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:57 AM on Feb. 23, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I found the only thing that helped me was to force myself to eat something even if I did throw it up. If you take the Zofran right after you eat something I had greater success keeping it down. Sad to say though sometimes NOTHING you do is going to help you stop puking your guts out. I started throwing up from about 4 weeks to about 6mos it was terrible. I think you are doing all the right things. Stay hydrated. Maybe try some gatorade that helped me a bit since the amount of water I was drinking was making me sick also. Hope you feel better.
    pinkbutterfly

Answer by pinkbutterfly at 10:08 AM on Feb. 23, 2009

• Thanks so much!!! Its just so hard sometimes since I have to work from like 6 am-5pm everyday!!! SO SO hard to stay energized and not sick!! ha
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:12 AM on Feb. 23, 2009

• I had the same problem you did when I was pregnant. I took the Zofran after I ate and that helped me keep it down. My ob/gyn also prescribed me a patch that goes behind the ear and that help me with the vomiting also. I did both at the same time and it took away the morning sickness.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:34 AM on Feb. 23, 2009

• Baby,I know your pain first hand,I stayed sick my whole pregnacy,I weighed 112 when I delivered my daughter,I threw up even while I was pushing.Nothing helped me either.My daughter is now preggo,and is very sick,like you she has to work,she is a nurse,and works 12 our shifts,so she has to deal with smells,watching surgeries,so she is miserible like you.she is due in sept.The OB also gave her zofran,with no sucess.good luck honey,just do the best you can,I hope you get to feeling better.I know you don't want to hear this now,but when that precious little one get's here,you will say,it was worth it all.
    Val504

Answer by Val504 at 10:35 AM on Feb. 23, 2009

• hello i am 17 weeks pregnant and i still get sick not as much but i was sick alot to i take reglan for mine it works for me i am startign to get beter but this morning after eaing eggs i got sick i am only 129 pounds dotn look pregnant from beign so sick
    brittanysmom87

Answer by brittanysmom87 at 10:50 AM on Feb. 23, 2009

• I would go back to the doctor and make sure you are not losing too much weight. I was just like you. I lost about 8 pounds in a few weeks from being so sick and not being able to eat. There is no cure but time I am afraid. Sometime around month 4 you should start to feel some better...but some women have it the whole 9 months. I weighed less at delivery than I did at conception. I lost weight the whole time. I was not really thin to begin with but they did watch me. I hope you feel better soon.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 10:54 AM on Feb. 23, 2009

• I was the same way. I threw up 6 times a day from week 4 to about week 39 of my first pregnancy (a girl) and still gained 45 pounds, don't know how because I hardly ate as much I did before pregnancy. I was also extremely dizzy, headaches, fatigue, etc. and kept really hydrated too.. so, I understand what you're going through. Sorry, I know how awful it can be. There was nothing that helped me and I tried everything even the zofran. I'm afraid I can't be of any help to you. But, just wanted to share a little of my story to let you know you're not alone! You may be having a girl?! Higher hormone levels. I'm now pregnant with a boy and it's definitely not as bad. I just have other complications going on that has nothing to do with the morning sickness. good luck and congrats on your pregnancy! :)
    GreekMama28

Answer by GreekMama28 at 11:11 AM on Feb. 23, 2009