Acorn demands that everyone deserves to stay in their homes....wtf?

Now ACORN is saying that all those homeowners who shouldn't even have been homeowners, who can't afford to pay their mortgages, who used their welfare checks to put down on a home, HAVE THE RIGHT TO STAY IN THEIR HOMES? Are you f'n kidding me? What the hell is wrong with our society? Welfare, entitlement, deserve, what the hell happened to work hard for what you want? I'm in no way talking about those that lost their jobs and are struggling to pay for their mortgages, or the ones that got into an ARM that continued to raise their mortgage to an exorbanant amount. I'm talking about those crooked ACORN, Fannie, Freddie, a$$holes who think that everyone deserves things that they can't pay for or won't work for? This is insane and Obama continues to support welfare! Anyone else pissed by this whole crap?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:05 AM on Feb. 23, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Those who bought homes they knew they could not afford deserve to rent. I know people who lost their homes because of job loss and no fault of their own. They owned homes they could afford when they had their jobs. They deserve help. Those who got their homes because Acorn strong armed banks into giving low income people with shitty credit loans do not deserve them. They are the people who got remodifications and are now defaulting again. About 48 percent will default. We need to let them lose the homes go back to renting. The market will hit bottom and those of us who are responsible and did not buy homes we could not afford will buy up the less expensive homes. The housing market is still way over inflated and is correcting itself.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:54 AM on Feb. 23, 2009

• No.
    There are still people who need welfare.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:07 AM on Feb. 23, 2009

• So because they bought the house that puts a roof over their head, their families head with the money they get from the government they do not deserve to have a home? The people who put those families in the ARM loans should have to pay to keep them in the homes, a lot of them where lied too and made to think they would be able to afford it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:09 AM on Feb. 23, 2009

• The answer to the housing crisis is not one that is going to satisfy everyone. When you sign for a mortgage loan you are well aware of whether you are within your means. The companies are to blame but so are the people that had to have a champagne house on a beer budget. If the loan amount of one person is going to be lowered then it should be so for ALL. Many people have scrimped and saved to remain in their homes and they too should be given the same considerations as a person that failed to pay. So, my opinion is, if the government is going to help one then help them all. Do not just single certain ones out.
    foreverb3

Answer by foreverb3 at 10:14 AM on Feb. 23, 2009

• This is a mess! These groups like ACORN, Fannie Mae, Freddie Mack, Clinton, Carter, Frank and all those that forced these mortgage companies to give mortgages to these people who don't deserve anything, they aren't entitled to home-ownership, have created a mortgage meltdown and this economic crisis!! They should have NEVER been homeowners, they couldn't afford it, and should NEVER be able to use their welfare checks to get a home!!!! That is insanity!!! NO ONE DESERVES OR ARE ENTITLED TO ANYTHING. If you can't afford it, steal it?! That is the mentality. Mortgage help should only go to those that have lost their job and all of a sudden now can't pay. WHY should someone who doesn't deserve to be homeowners who doesn't work to pay for what they have be helped at all? WHY should someone who has sacrificed, scrimped, taken 2 and 3 jobs to pay for their mortgages be in the same category as the previous mentioned?

blessed5x

Answer by blessed5x at 10:30 AM on Feb. 23, 2009

• The people who got into ARMs should've spent their money on Hooked on Phonics instead, and then read the contract so they would know not to sign it in the first place
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:32 AM on Feb. 23, 2009

• My husband and I get very aggitated too. It's just crazy. We had one car between the 2 of us for a year because we couldn't afford a second one. And I worked part time to full time at the only job I could find and he is in the military, which doesn't mean he makes a ton of money either. This isn't a world where everyone is entitled to everything. You have to earn it and what you do not choose to earn because of laziness and stupidity is a choice and a lifestyle for some and I do not agree with them getting the things I bust my ass for.
    MissHeidi0304

Answer by MissHeidi0304 at 10:34 AM on Feb. 23, 2009

• Who is ACORN?
    KARRIEMARIE

Answer by KARRIEMARIE at 11:06 AM on Feb. 23, 2009

• That's society now. Reward those that expect to be given more than they earn, and make those that live within their means pay for for them.

If you work hard and make good decisions you get to pay for those that do not.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:09 AM on Feb. 23, 2009

• I want a link that states people actually used their welfare check to get a house.

Seems like another assumption to make matters worse.

I agree that people bought loans that they couldn't afford. However, many of these people were middle class families that spent poorly and racked up debt.

Just another thread to blame the poor people on welfare.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:26 AM on Feb. 23, 2009