How old was your LO when they first stayed overnight somewhere else?

My son is only 3 1/2 months old and my mom is already asking to keep him overnight. I'm not quite ready to let him go ALL night yet. How old were your kids when you finally let them go?

dze527

Asked by dze527 at 10:06 AM on Feb. 23, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Both of our parents wanted him over nigh and begged all the time. We let him start staying around a month and half to two months. I don't remember exactly when- he did great :)
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 10:08 AM on Feb. 23, 2009

• I think my baby was probably like 6 weeks or so...
    My hubby and I went to BG all day once when Evan was like 3 1/2 or 4 weeks old
    I let my mom take him all the time when I have to work and my hubby does too
    CassCass

Answer by CassCass at 10:08 AM on Feb. 23, 2009

• My son was 10 months old. He didn't really stay overnight though, lol, my MIL and FIL kept him all night but it was while we were on our family cruise and they were only two floors away on the ship, so he was within a 5 minute elevator ride away. I still ended up checking on him an hour or so after we left him with them to make sure he fell asleep okay, which he did. After that the next time and first real time I suppose he stayed overnight was with my mother and he was 16 months old. He did great though! Now he's just over 2 1/2 and he spends a night or two with my mother every other month just about.
    MommyToSmeech

Answer by MommyToSmeech at 10:14 AM on Feb. 23, 2009

• my son was 7 weeks but i had no choice I was in the hospital and had to have surgery.
    myangel21

Answer by myangel21 at 10:22 AM on Feb. 23, 2009

• 7 years old.
    Pauline3283

Answer by Pauline3283 at 10:36 AM on Feb. 23, 2009

• With my first daughter she spent the night at my sisters house when she was only 6 weeks old. With my youngest daughter she was 7 months old.
    YoungMomtoGirls

Answer by YoungMomtoGirls at 10:56 AM on Feb. 23, 2009

• my daughter was almost 3 when she stayed with her grandparents.
    i was in the hospital having her baby brother.
    heatherama

Answer by heatherama at 12:26 PM on Feb. 23, 2009

• My oldest is 5. He hasn't stayed overnight anywhere else yet.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 12:56 PM on Feb. 23, 2009

• my daughter is 8 months and hasn't stayed the night with anyone besides the nurses at the hospital
    Madelyn_Marie

Answer by Madelyn_Marie at 5:40 PM on Feb. 23, 2009

• My sonw as born May 1st...he stayed at grandmas house July 19th so mommy and daddy could go to a concert. It is good to let them go and have some time to yourself. Plus its gets them used to staying around other people
    ctsassy

Answer by ctsassy at 3:00 AM on Feb. 24, 2009