Making pears

I'm making pears today for 5mo old. Does it matter whether I boil them or steam them? I don't really have anything to steam them in; that's why I'm asking. I have a strainer I can put inside the pan I guess but I can't put too much water in the pot without having it cover the pears...

CassCass

Asked by CassCass at 10:06 AM on Feb. 23, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I boil my apples and then use the left over water as juice. I could only imagine that you could do the same for pears...
    GigantaursMommy

Answer by GigantaursMommy at 10:43 AM on Feb. 23, 2009

• You could bake them too. Boiling I think takes more of the nutrients out then if you steam.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 11:29 AM on Feb. 23, 2009

• Wow gigantaursmommy thats a good idea. i wish i would have checked this before i had started making the apples and pears that i just finished lol...i posted this question in another category and only remembered to check that one. bummer!
    CassCass

Answer by CassCass at 12:13 PM on Feb. 23, 2009

• i get the steamer bags and steam them in the microwave to help keep the nutrients
    Keri77

Answer by Keri77 at 12:16 PM on Feb. 23, 2009