Mirena IUD Removal

Ladies who have had the Mirena iud removed: what kind of side effects, if any, did you experience after it was taken out? How long did they last?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:15 AM on Feb. 23, 2009 in Health

• Having it out was super easy- way easier than having it go in. You will get a period shortly after it is removed. Mine was REALLY heavy (like I had just given birth....) Turns out- the removal of it can make your uterus "unstable" w/hormones and all. But my docotr put me on hormones for 10 days and I was back to normal after just the first dose of hormones. I don't think there are many other complications to get it out- more to have it put in! Hope that helps- thought I would actually answer your question and stay off my pulpit!
    Greenbeans422

Answer by Greenbeans422 at 3:44 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• IUDs terminate the development of a fertilized ovum after conception, and cause its expulsion from the body. To a person who believes that human personhood begins at the instant of conception, there is no ethical difference between using an IUD, having a first trimester abortion, or having a partial birth abortion, or -- for that matter -- strangling a newborn just after birth.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:20 AM on Feb. 23, 2009

• No side effects. I had mine taken out after only 8 months of severe pain, bleeding, headaches and nausea. All of that went away with in a couple of days of getting it removed. My cycle went to normal and all's been great ever since.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:21 AM on Feb. 23, 2009

• Okay first Anon,

Your comment had nothing to do with what the question was about. Obviously you don't agree with the IUD, but that's your choice. Plus, it has yet to be determined why or how the Mirena works. Your opinion on how it works is one of many.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:24 AM on Feb. 23, 2009

• Thanks for nothing anon 10:20am, that had absolutely NOTHING to do with my question. My sister has an IUD and wants it removed for many reasons but doesn't have insurance right now so I'm asking to see if there are risks to having it removed and what others have experienced. I didn't ask what your opinion was of the IUD itself.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:53 AM on Feb. 23, 2009

• bled for 2 days...
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 2:18 PM on Feb. 23, 2009