3 days till my surgery and my world is falling apart....

My DD will be here in just 3 days and this should be a happy time but it is hard to be happy when my world is starting to come crashing in. My father is in the hospital and it doesn't look like he is going to ever make it out of there. He has now caught a contagious (SP) air born thing called VRE and I didn't know about it untill the day we came home to NJ. So I have been expose to it. Also my DH grandmother is in the hospital in Fl and they can't keep her awake long enough for her meds or even to eat. It is like our little family is being torn apart. Now we are looking at two funerals and a baby. I guess I need just a little pick me up cause I feel bad for my DD sake cause I know all this stress is not good on us but it is so hard to keep it off when it comes to family. Thank you

lelandsmom6707

Asked by lelandsmom6707 at 10:20 AM on Feb. 23, 2009 in Pregnancy

• awww im sorry! it must be so hard on you. this is supposed to be such a happy time and theres so much going on that you cant be happy. message me if you want to talk
    SThompson21

Answer by SThompson21 at 10:29 AM on Feb. 23, 2009

• I know you are going through a very difficult time and I am very sorry. When I was pregnant with my daughter I lost both my grandfather of cancer and my grandmother which was absolutely unexpected. They were husband and wife. It was a very difficult thing to go through, and especially to watch my mother go through it, being that she had already lost her brother and sister, she was essentially the only person left alive in her family. When my daughter was being born via emergency c-section I knew my grandparents were there taking care of her, she almost died. From looking at it we thought our family was being torn apart, but the birth of our daughter pulled us all together again, and even stronger.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:31 AM on Feb. 23, 2009