Aldi shoppers: What do you refuse to buy from Aldi?

I am going to be giving Aldi another go sometime real soon (when I need to grocery shop again). What are some of the things that you just flat out refuse to get at Aldi...Here are some of the things I will not get there.. Toilet paper (we like Cottonelle), Pull-Ups, Wipes (we like Parent's Choice-WalMart brand), Palmolive dish soap, Tide laundry detergent, Bounce dryer sheets, ACT Mouthwash, Arm & Hammer toothpaste, Dr. Pepper, REGIS shampoo & conditioner (from the salon in WalMart), Dove deodorant, Ranch dressing, KC Masterpiece BBQ Sauce, Glad force flex trash bags, Medicine (tylenol, cold meds, etc), and Science Diet dog food...which, only comes from PetsMart or PetCo......Some things I am undecided on and will have to try from Aldi first before I decide: Meats (beef & pork), Cleaning Products, fresh Produce, frozen food...

Briyawna

Asked by Briyawna at 10:26 AM on Feb. 23, 2009 in Shopping

• we refuse to buy their hamburger meat!! blahhcckkk
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 10:28 AM on Feb. 23, 2009

• well the aldi around here is completely gross not to mention they have no namebrand products....its all knockoff 3rd world country kind things...i wouldnt feed that stuff to my dogs!!!! my advice choose walmart or another NAME brand grocery store.....
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:38 AM on Feb. 23, 2009

• Oh yes and I refuse to buy any coffee other than Folgers- Simply Smooth. It's gentle for your stomach lol...And I love the plastic tubs they come in! And, I don't really drink coffee too often so buying the more expensive brand won't really matter!
    Briyawna

Answer by Briyawna at 10:38 AM on Feb. 23, 2009

• Anon- I would keep going to WalMart but we cannot afford to anymore...and nothing here is cheaper than WalMart...aside from Aldi...I am going to a different Aldi in a better part of town and hope its better...The only problem with Aldi here is it being too busy and trying to get through the isles! They have quite a bit of name brand things at the Aldi's here...The only thing I am iffy about as far as food goes is meats, produce, and like frozen foods...
    Briyawna

Answer by Briyawna at 10:42 AM on Feb. 23, 2009

• Oh...and International Delight french vanilla coffee creamer...lol eventually I will stop answering my own questions soo much lol...
    Briyawna

Answer by Briyawna at 10:53 AM on Feb. 23, 2009

• I don't buy pizza, lunch meats, bacon, soda, water, or paper products there. that is all I can think of right now. the list of what I do buy there is shorter.
    MythicMMM

Answer by MythicMMM at 1:01 PM on Feb. 23, 2009

• I use to be an Aldi shopper. But we don't have one where I live now. I wouldn't buy the meats and I wouldn't get the bathroom items - toilet paper, shampoo, etc. It was WAY too cheap and crappy. I'll spend the extra dollar on toilet paper that doesn't feel like sand paper LOL!! Everything else I bought.
    Anonymous

• I haven't bought their meats (mostly because I have heard other people give negative reviews about it), but I have bought some produce and it was good. Their bread is just as good as a store brand anywhere else (and cheaper), the kids don't mind their cereal. Anything that I have bought in the canned goods was fine. We actually like their sloppy joe mix way better than Manwich. I don't get paper goods or toiletries there because I know that I can get name brand stuff on sale somewhere else cheaper.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 9:42 AM on Feb. 24, 2009

• I do buy produce, bread, pastas, canned goods, Salad dressings, cereal, dairy and eggs.
    I have tried their fish once. It was ok.
    heatkab

Answer by heatkab at 10:41 AM on Feb. 24, 2009

• Meat of any kind!1 it is usually nasty and about or ven cheaper then Walmarts or the local grocery store.
    Ibelongtojesus

Answer by Ibelongtojesus at 11:00 AM on Feb. 24, 2009