Has anyone ever bought a wedding dress they didn't like?

I feel so dumb. I went shopping with my mom last week, like an hour away and this little old lady was helping me get into these huge dresses, and both her and my mom were like "oh it's so pretty! It fits you perfectly!" so I bought the dress. I bought it at a consignment shop so I cant take it back. It is a really beautiful dress but it's just not my style, I feel like I will be uncomfortable. Its a backyard wedding and I will be worried the dress will get dirty. I told my fiance and he told me to keep looking, we can always sell the dress and I need to be happy since this better be my only wedding! So I am ordering a corset from an etsy seller, of my design and making a skirt, or if that doesnt work out, she will make a skirt. So I guess it will all work out but I feel high-maintenance for being so picky!

TanyaR1024

Asked by TanyaR1024 at 10:27 AM on Feb. 23, 2009 in Just for Fun

• don't! It is your wedding. You deserve to look and feel perfect!
    ZaTa

Answer by ZaTa at 10:28 AM on Feb. 23, 2009

• It's not picky! It took me forever to get the dress I really wanted! Mine was probably too fancy for an outdoor wedding, but I loved it!
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 10:30 AM on Feb. 23, 2009

• NO-Way Don't feel silly ITS Perfectly Natural an concidering the cercumstances you were rushing, I did the exact same thing, except my mom sent me there! I bought it an hated it later! Get The dress Of your Dream To Be a Dream!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:32 AM on Feb. 23, 2009

• Anon-did you end up buying another dress that you did like?
    TanyaR1024

Answer by TanyaR1024 at 1:43 PM on Feb. 23, 2009

• My mil bought me my wedding dress as a wedding gift. It was my dream dress. :) But when they sold it to me (none-returnable) they failed to mention that it had be previously altered (I honestly don't think it was the one I tried on). My mom tried to fix it, but the cup sizes for the halter were completely different sizes. It wasn't going to work at all. So 3 days before the wedding, as if I didn't have enough stress, we went shopping for a new dress. I found one that I really liked and it worked, but it wasn't what I thought I would be wearing, kwim?
    My theory is that you are the only one that will think back and think of the what ifs and the if onlys, so you should do what you are most comfortable with.
    reflect1light

Answer by reflect1light at 3:22 PM on Feb. 23, 2009

• I HATED my dress. But whatever, I married the right guy! I ended up selling it on Ebay ( for more than I bought it for) to a girl who loved it! =) Buy ( or make) the dress of your dreams. =)
    NoahsMomma418

Answer by NoahsMomma418 at 11:37 AM on Mar. 2, 2009