My DH hates that I have a facebook page, and wants me to cancel it..

I'm not sure what to do, he is not a computer kinda guy he dosent even have an e-mail address, so he dosent get that its nice to keep intouch with people throught the computer. It's not that important to me to keep it. I just nice to talk to people that I never see, once in a while, sometimes it does get a little annoying like the highschool reunion people that found me through it (I'm not a high school reunion kinda girl). He is not a controlling person, he just hates stuff like myspace ect. I don't know what to do, if I asked him not to do something I would want him to, no matter how small or large the request was, but in the back of my head I'm thinking it's only facebook. Sorry so long, I just could use a little advice..

heatmac4

Asked by heatmac4 at 10:37 AM on Feb. 23, 2009 in Relationships

• Have you talked about it? Have you shown him the page and your friends so he doesn't have to worry? Maybe he thinks its like a dating site or something and doesn't realize?
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 10:39 AM on Feb. 23, 2009

• Have you asked him why he wants you to cancel it? Maybe he feels threatened thinking other men are contacting you. I say if your hubby wants it gone, cancel it. He's more important than anything you do on there or anyone you talk to.
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 10:40 AM on Feb. 23, 2009

• Why does he want you to cancel it? What is the issue? How is it bothering him. There are things that we should "give up" for another, but those are bad habbits and things that are harmful to ourself or those around us. Emailing and keeping in touch with people and having support is not one of those things. But then again my husband and I give one another freedom to do what we need to be happy. And we can talk, or argue lol about what doesn't make us happy with one another.
    MissHeidi0304

Answer by MissHeidi0304 at 10:41 AM on Feb. 23, 2009

• I have facebook,and my DH is like yours,he hates myspace,facebook etc,but I love my facebook,I have found some of my childhood friends,school friends,and met some new ones.He get's a little upset at me,he thinks I'm to old for it,I'm 42,but I hate golf,hunting,things he does,so I tell him,he has his things he likes to do ,and I have mine.Don't cancel,enjoy yourself ,we deserve to have enjoyment in our lives too.
    Val504

Answer by Val504 at 10:46 AM on Feb. 23, 2009

• If he thinks you're talking to a bunch of random guys, let him see the page. Show him you're just keeping up with old and new friends and have nothing to hide. My brother in law also freaked on my sister because she has a ,myspace page but she only has family on there! I think they feel threatened.
    Anonymous

• i went over my daughters house the other day and she said do you want to see craigs face book.i said sure.well my bil is married with kids...he had all naked pictures of woman on his site.and he club he joined was friends with benefits and likes to cheat....i told my husbad.he had a heart attack.do i say something or let it go????
    Anonymous

• You, Yourslef said if you wanted him to do somethng no matter the size of the matter, you would want him to do what is asked. So, if you would want it done, then I think it is only right for you to do it for him. You also said, that Facebook is not important to you..So, cancel it. Show him that you respect him and the things he ask you to do.
    Novmeber2006

Answer by Novmeber2006 at 12:15 PM on Feb. 23, 2009

• tell him to get over and show him that it's not that big a deal.. show him the page and make it private so no creepers can see it. if he still has an issue then there is something else going on
    Keri77

Answer by Keri77 at 12:22 PM on Feb. 23, 2009

• There is nothing wrong to turning down your dh's request. It's such a minor thing at that. So be yourself and keep the facebook and keep in touch with your friends. Even thought you feel is a no biggie, where do you draw the line between yourself and your hubby? Don't you have a right to be an individual and have things that are personal and private? If this is such a big issue with him, then I'd be wondering if he's a controlling type of fellow. For me, controllers get shown the door.
    isabellalecour

Answer by isabellalecour at 3:04 PM on Feb. 23, 2009