I'm not sure what to do about this...

I sent a money order in for a payment on a loan. They are saying they havn't received it. I am not sending another one right now because i don't know where the money order is. I usually never send money orders because they aren't like a check out of my own book i can't stop it if it gets lost. So what do i do now? It was a western union moneyorder. I can't afford to double pay if it is lost and the place is being very rude. I told them to make sure they didn't miss post it since it wasn't a personal check.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:43 AM on Feb. 23, 2009 in Money & Work

• Does the western union have a tracking number on it where the loan company could look it up. Maybe they did post it under the wrong account.
    jenniferlee_12

Answer by jenniferlee_12 at 10:45 AM on Feb. 23, 2009

• Money orders can be tracked to see if they were cashed and what not. Go to where you purchased it, they should be able to call an 800 number and track it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:46 AM on Feb. 23, 2009

• agree w/ above post.
    KARRIEMARIE

Answer by KARRIEMARIE at 10:47 AM on Feb. 23, 2009

• Anon is right, you have to trace it. Is there a way you can send proof to the loan comapny that you did get teh money order?
    4monkees

Answer by 4monkees at 12:11 PM on Feb. 23, 2009