Are you meant to be there or just in the wrong place at the wrong time

How do you know when to move on. Do things get hard to challenge you and strenghen you or are they hard because you just aren't where you are supposed to be? Is it a sign to leave or stay and fight? How do you know?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:44 AM on Feb. 23, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• You are always where you are meant to be. And if you are meant to move on, you'll do just that. If you can't tell which way the signs are pointing, maybe the best thing to do is to wait and see what happens next.

In his poem, "Desiderata", Max Ehrmann wrote, "...whether or not it is clear to you, no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should."
    BlueFrogMama

Answer by BlueFrogMama at 3:18 PM on Feb. 23, 2009

• There is not enough info in the question to say. Are you talking about a rel w/ a man? I say if it is more heartache than you can deal w/ leave, but on the other hand sometimes you have to take the bitter w/ the sweet. If there is no sweet, then go, I guess.
    KARRIEMARIE

Answer by KARRIEMARIE at 10:50 AM on Feb. 23, 2009

• I agree. If you are asking if I believe things happen for a reason YES, I do. If you are asking in regards to a relationship, only you can determine when it is time to leave. What you need to do is sit down and weigh the pros and cons before making any rush decisions, well, I guess that pertains to everything in life. Oh the other hand, I guess I do get like that about a job... when the going gets tough the tough get going, I always say...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:54 AM on Feb. 23, 2009

• Listen to your heart. When I first got involved with my now hubby- at first- logically (and I am VERY LOGICAL!!) it made no sense. Long story. But my heart kept strongly insisting that I pay attention to IT! So I did- after nine years and a lot of growth on both of our parts- I can say that my heart was RIGHT ON THE MONEY!! We are very good for each other, just what the other needed. I am VERY GLAD that I did listen and put the work in. Only you can truly know what you need in your life- and sometimes it isn't your brain you should listen to... good luck
    mtnmama111

Answer by mtnmama111 at 11:21 AM on Feb. 23, 2009

• It could be either. We know when we have learned to hear God's voice and we are able to hear what He is telling us. We get to that place by reading the Bible and spending a lot of time just being in the presence of the Lord. If you have not yet reached that point, you should be asking the counsel of those who are wiser and more mature in their faith than are you.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 11:29 AM on Feb. 23, 2009

• Well let me provide more info, it does involve a relationship, he has a child with developmental delays, it is hard for him to accept so I feel maybe I need to be here. But if I was meant to be here when I have prayed for help why have I not received it. I can't do it by myself, I have no one to go to for advice, the family of the child is no help, I feel alone, I feel like I am going crazy trying to deal with it alone.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:55 AM on Feb. 23, 2009

• Things get hard due to our own decisions and choices, the choices of others, or simply because sh*t happens... the same way things get easier. Overanalyzing won't ever help, and IMO praying and waiting for some outside force to assist you likely won't get you timely results either.
    If you love the people involved, then stay. But if you don't feel like it's the place for you, don't stay just because you would feel guilty for leaving. Your life is your own to live... you said something makes you feel like maybe you need to be there; however maybe this second-guessing is a sign that you are NOT supposed to be there. Take it one day at a time and see how things pan out until you can make a decision you're comfortable with. Good luck!
    Koukla12905

Answer by Koukla12905 at 1:20 PM on Feb. 23, 2009

• Overanalyzing is a major problem I have, not sure how to turn that off.
    Anonymous

• Do things get hard to challenge you and strenghen you or are they hard because you just aren't where you are supposed to be?

Neither!  It's nature and it's life!  When my father passed away last year, it was very hard and it did challenge and strengthen me but there was no running away from it. 

Is it a sign to leave or stay and fight?

It depends on the problem, but  you have to deal with the hardships head on because ignoring them only makes them worse.

How do you know?

For me that is a moot question, because hardships will always arise.  Sometimes you can look back and see where things went wrong but often times, shit happens.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 2:11 PM on Feb. 23, 2009

• Only you know that one hon.Might help u to know what others did, and what happened. My story is this. I was devestated after being married 20 years , and I was 7 months pregnant with 4th child. He slept with my neighbor whom was also a friend of mine! Why? "I was too perfect and all loved me!" he'd say. Meaning...I was perfect wife, mom, and had many friends. (Excuses). We went to counceling..it was hard.Was my decision. I forgave, but 11 yrs l8tr he woke up, packed his bags, moved in with a new girlfriend. that he worked with! I never thought he'd do it again. Make sure he will put forth the effort. If he says no then I think you know whats best. Let him know that is his only chance! Never ignore the 'intiuition' tho. You BOTH gotta want this. Everybodys case is different. :-) Note: New wife just filed for divorce after 4 years. (After he paid her college tuition). Took diploma and ran. She is a marriage counselor! N/K!!
    Byhizballz

Answer by Byhizballz at 2:16 PM on Feb. 23, 2009