Do you keep your toenails painted? (Or do anything else "special"?)

Me and SO live 60 miles apart (one way!) and usually only see each other on weekends. I try to keep up with the small important touches, like making sure my toenails are freshly painted, my legs are smooth as a baby's butt and I'm freshly showered. (Although I keep myself up to par anyway I just pay more attention to the small things when we have went a week or more without seeing each other.)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:50 AM on Feb. 23, 2009 in Relationships

• My husband and I have been together way too long for that kind of stuff! I shave my legs but not everyday. He has seen me at my worst and doesn't care. I really think that's the true test of a relationship. If you can still love the person at their very worst, it can last. But the problem is, people can "hide" their true self if you aren't seeing each other all the time. If you live together, there is no hiding all the things you have learned to hide. Like leaving your cut toenails all over the floor. It's so gross but most people wouldn't know unless they lived with them. You pick that kind of stuff up when they are coming to visit. Anyway, I work full time so I get dressed and get makeup on every day. That's about the best he is getting from me.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:33 AM on Feb. 23, 2009

• I'm just a girly girl. I go once a week for my manicure pedicure eyebrows and do my own shaving of legs and underarms.
    mommatime78

Answer by mommatime78 at 11:40 AM on Feb. 23, 2009

• I paint my toenails in the Spring/Summer. I give them a break during the Winter! :D I really don't have to shave my legs every day, I have very fine hair, but I try to keep it up. It just makes me feel better!
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 11:48 AM on Feb. 23, 2009

• At the beginning of our relationship I made sure I was put together every time I saw him. Now not so much! I try to keep up the maintenence, but 3 kids later, it gets tougher. I mean he's seen me with my legs in the air, sweaty and pushing an 8 pound human being out of an area he used to think of as magical so I don't think there is a bad hair day now that can scare him off!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:57 AM on Feb. 23, 2009

• I did at the begining of our relationship and then stopped. I went and got the works for Valentines day and now he says I have to keep my eyebrow, toes and nails done. I guess I must of been looking rough for a minute
    PunkinLPN

Answer by PunkinLPN at 12:10 PM on Feb. 23, 2009

• On occasion I will get out the weed whacker and cut the hair down off my unshaven legs but that's about it. He couldn't care less about my nails or anything like that. He is a clean freak so I do have to make sure I'm all squeaky clean but other than that he only cares about what I can do for him, not what I look like doing it!

Answer by admckenzie at 12:50 PM on Feb. 23, 2009