Which convertable car seat to buy

What brand of convertable car seat should i get. I was looking at the eddie bauer one this weekend but it didn't seem like it would be comfortable. It was very hard. not soft at all. Which brand is best?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:11 AM on Feb. 23, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• We have the Britax Marathon and my daughter has been using it since she was 5 months old. She LOVES it and we're very happy with it too.
    StarLee

Answer by StarLee at 11:14 AM on Feb. 23, 2009

• I talked to a guy at Babies R Us who had been selling them for over 15 years. It all comes down to this...every carseat on the market has been safety tested and approved, or else they couldn't sell it. Some carseat manufacturers go above and beyond. You can get a less expensive seat, but you are sacrificing something from the more expensive models. Britax is the best, hands down for a lot of reasons. We decided to get a Britax decathalon, which is an investment in the best possible seat we could find. I didn't buy from Babies R Us though. I got mine on Ebay from a reputable carseat seller and saved over $100 bucks on it even after the expensive shipping.
    Danielle720

Answer by Danielle720 at 11:21 AM on Feb. 23, 2009

• It depends on a lot of things. How long do you plan on RFing your child? How long do you plan on harnessing your child? How much can you spend? What is the child's age, height and weight?
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 11:27 AM on Feb. 23, 2009

• The safest seat is on which the baby fits well and one that fits in your vehicle properly....cheap or expensive doesn't matter it's not safe if you don't have room to install it correctly.

We have an Eddie Bauer...the boys have been very comfortable in it. We also liked the Alpha Omega ones.....
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 11:41 AM on Feb. 23, 2009

• no one seat is best. Try your child in them at the store and see how he/she fits and reacts. I use the alpha omega 3 in 1. I also have a cosco convertable. DD likes both.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:46 AM on Feb. 23, 2009

• We just started looking for a convertible one too, the 7 month old has outgrown her carrier seat. From the research I've done the Britax are the very best, but Graco makes some really good comfortable ones that are less expensive. Take your baby to the store with you and put him/her IN all the seats.. if she's uncomfortable then you'll know before you buy it!
    kristal2146

Answer by kristal2146 at 11:47 AM on Feb. 23, 2009

• i just moved my son into a first years true fit and we love it!
    he can rear face in it until he's 35lbs and then forward face in it up to 75lbs!
    heatherama

Answer by heatherama at 12:16 PM on Feb. 23, 2009

• We have an Evenflo Triumph Advance. I paid $140 for it recently, and my son really likes it. It seems cushy & comfortable, and it's a very sturdy seat. If I could afford it, I probably would have gotten either a Britax or a First Year's True Fit.
    heather.huckaby

Answer by heather.huckaby at 12:28 PM on Feb. 23, 2009

• I had an Eddie Bauer...I dont recommend it. It doesnt have a enough back to last as long as it should. My son is 21 months old and has already outgrown his....I spent over $200 on a seat we used for less than a year! Anyway, now we have a true fit and I love it. It will RF to 35lbs and EH to 65lbs. It was $175 at target online.
    Chandra034

Answer by Chandra034 at 12:43 PM on Feb. 23, 2009

• Heatherama, correct me if I am wrong, but I believe the True Fit FF to 65 lbs. I just bought one, but if it's a higher limit, that's great! I am almost certain its 65 though.. I'll check my manual later.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 12:53 PM on Feb. 23, 2009