downy

Lately they have just reeked. I am currently washing the washing machine with baking soda and then I am going to use tide to wash her clothes. Should I still use the downy or go without? Because I am not sure if thats what it is, I am just assuming , I dont use it on my clothes and they dont smell like that

LuvsDanika

Asked by LuvsDanika at 11:50 AM on Feb. 23, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• try the tide and if there is a smell difference then switch, theres no reason to use a different laundry soap on baby... the only reason i used dreft was to make sure no one else in the house (we have 6 adults living here) used it. i had to make sure i would have laundry soap everytime i went to do his laundry! lol but switch and see if it was the soap
    wisteriastars

Answer by wisteriastars at 11:55 AM on Feb. 23, 2009

• hmmmm try it without it and see cause i use fabric softner and sometimes i have to rewash cause they reek like old water or something i neeed to try it!!!!!!!!!!
    RIERIE

Answer by RIERIE at 11:53 AM on Feb. 23, 2009

• I havew always used reg laundry soap but with the downy to give her thatextra good smell :-D But recently started to hang dry them because of shrinking and her growing so fast
    LuvsDanika

Answer by LuvsDanika at 11:56 AM on Feb. 23, 2009

• be careful, switching soaps can cause skin irritation. If your baby doesn't have sensitive skin then switching should be fine, but I would just watch for any signs of a rash. I don't use fabric softener at all on my DD's clothes because it irritates her skin. We also don't use dryer sheets on her stuff for the same reason.
    kristal2146

Answer by kristal2146 at 11:59 AM on Feb. 23, 2009

• Shes fine, we dont use one brand all the time, its what ever is the cheapest when i go to the store
    LuvsDanika

Answer by LuvsDanika at 12:00 PM on Feb. 23, 2009

• Ummm never use fabric softener on children sleepwear. it kills the flame resistance. Their other clothes it is fine on.
    ColleenF30

Answer by ColleenF30 at 12:22 PM on Feb. 23, 2009

• downy is made with animal fat so it could be that it's gone bad. I use a special brand of dryer sheets that are not made from animal fat and they work great for me. If you need more info. you can email me.
    purecity

Answer by purecity at 2:08 PM on Feb. 23, 2009