Divorce...

Has anyone ever used a online site to get legal Divorce documents??? I called this
USA Legal Resource # and they send you papers for $99 and unless you are going to contest anything you don't need an attoney.
PLEASE LADIES- THIS IS HRD ENOUGH, I DON'T NEED ANY BASHING!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:03 PM on Feb. 23, 2009 in Relationships

• I've never heard of it but try going to the BBB site and check them out before you send any money
    mommatime78

Answer by mommatime78 at 12:06 PM on Feb. 23, 2009

• Just go to the court house. THe whole process will cost you around $110. I did mine myself. Unless you guys have property. We even did Child custody in a different court hearing so it wouldn't hold up the divorce
    PunkinLPN

Answer by PunkinLPN at 12:08 PM on Feb. 23, 2009

• I called the courthouse, and they have their own website. They walked me through which ones I needed and then I just printed them out. It was free to get the papers. We then just had to take them to the bank and sign them in front of a notary. Then it was $225 to file. After 10 days they mailed us a list of additional paperwork that they needed. We did the same thing. We didn't need lawyers or anything. I would call your courthouse first and see if you can get it from them.
    Anonymous

• Divorce is specific to your state. Are they asking you for your particular state? If there are children or any property, it's an automatic contested divorce. Contested doesn't meant argument in divorce terms.
    EireLass

Answer by EireLass at 12:12 PM on Feb. 23, 2009

• You don't have to have a lawyer involved unless it is contested. You can actually borrow divorce papers from someone that you know who went thru an uncontested divorce and copy their papers. You would basically fill your info. in. I did it for my aunt and she got divorced for almost nothing. All she had to pay was the filling fee. Good luck, I went through a divorce, but I had to get a lawyer because my ex was being an idiot! I hope everything works out.
    sidzwif

Answer by sidzwif at 12:48 PM on Feb. 23, 2009