Any simple recipes?

Anyone have any simple recipes that don't require weird ingredients. Even searching online there will always be some weird ingredient that I don't have and don't want to buy just to make one thing. Just want to be able to use what is in the cabinets, ya know?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:12 PM on Feb. 23, 2009 in Food & Drink

• 2-4 pound chuck roast. Salt and pepper the meat, brown on both sides in a skillet and add one can of Campbells "Golden" mushroom soup (not cream of mushroom) and about half a can of water. Just dump it right on top of the meat. Bring to a boil and turn heat down, cover and simmer for about an hr and a half, or when you can cut the meat with a spoon. Check on it periodically and turn the meat over at least once. It is fantastic. I serve it over egg noodles, but it's good with mashed potatoes too, and green beans.
    hopelessnance

Answer by hopelessnance at 1:08 AM on Feb. 24, 2009

• I can share a few with you but are you looking for breakfast, lunch, dinner? Anyway I make a pasta sald thats pretty good and simple. Just boil egg noodles and add cucmber and tomatoes and italian salad dressing. I also like to take chopped ham shaved and fry it and add some ketchup and hot sauce to the pan for just a few min. Makes a nice bbq taste.
    mom_wrhsc

Answer by mom_wrhsc at 12:18 PM on Feb. 23, 2009

• 1 lb ground beef
    1 jar Ragu
    8oz spagetti noodles

LOL..recipes for what? dinner, lunch, beef, chicken?
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 12:19 PM on Feb. 23, 2009

• anything as far as dinner is concerned =)
    Anonymous

• OMG! I know what you mean sometimes I want to make something different and the recipes calls for stuff I don't about or don't want to buy too much just to make this one meal.

I just stick to my salt and pepper seasoned salt alittle this and that that I am familiar with.

I know it might sound boring but when you are hungry it all taste good. eating

Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 12:21 PM on Feb. 23, 2009

• Whtas in your cabinets...lol
    mom_wrhsc

Answer by mom_wrhsc at 12:21 PM on Feb. 23, 2009

• Chicken bullion cubes and onions simmered can make a great gravy for just about anything.
    mom_wrhsc

Answer by mom_wrhsc at 12:33 PM on Feb. 23, 2009

• One of my favorites is beef stew meat. put it in the crock pot and salt and pepper it.
    Mix 1/2 cup of beef broth with 1 or 2 cans of cream of Mushroom, chicken or celery and 1 small can of tomato sauce. cook on low 6 to 8 hours. Serve over rice or egg noodles. this sauce is delicious on the noodles!
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 12:34 PM on Feb. 23, 2009

• My mom use to make this & now it's a favorite in my house. My mom called it Thrifty Meatballs

1 lb. ground beef
    1/4 cup chopped onion
    1/4 cup uncooked rice (minute or regular)
    1/4 cup cracker crumbs (Saltine)
    1/3 cup milk (I use a little less, trial and error on your part)
    1 1/4 tsp. salt
    1/8 tsp pepper
    1/4 tsp poultry seasoning
    2 Tbl oil
    1 can condensed mushroom soup (I use the Golden mushroom soup, very yummy)
    3/4 hot water

Combine the first 8 ingredients. Shape into meatballs. Heat oil in large pan. Add meatballs and quick brown on all sides. Dilute mushroom soup (I use half can of milk), pour over meatballs. Reduce heat to low and cover. Simmer for 45 minutes to an hour. After simmering, remove meatballs. Add 1 tablespoon of cornstarch to the 3/4 cup of hot water and pour into pan. Bring to a boil then pour over meatballs. Serve with rice.

I know it sounds like a lot but actually it's
    jenlenr

Answer by jenlenr at 12:35 PM on Feb. 23, 2009

• Pour a can of cream of chicken soup over chicken breasts, salt and pepper, bake. Easy and good!
    lalli_lalli

Answer by lalli_lalli at 1:23 PM on Feb. 23, 2009