So how will I be impacted?

By this stimulus stuff?

I don't get welfare, I didn't bail on a morgage, I don't recieve unemployment/SSI or anything like that.

We have been paying down debt for the past 5 years and our credit score is really good.

We rent. So, other than hearing that we'll get 13 dollars more a wk on our checks, how do I benefit?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:18 PM on Feb. 23, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• you'll get extra road construction for 6 months, and hopefully your town will have enough money to finish it after the federal money runs out.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 12:19 PM on Feb. 23, 2009

• call your state reps or visit their pages to find out how they plan on spending the money.
    heatherama

Answer by heatherama at 12:20 PM on Feb. 23, 2009

• Thats it? Orange barrels for six months.......hmm...seems like a lot of money for 6 months worth of barrels.
    Anonymous

• You'll get the bill to share with your children.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 12:22 PM on Feb. 23, 2009

• You don't. You will get your taxes raised when the bailout fails. You will have to pay back the 60 a month next year. Interest rates will probably go up after all the loans are modified so you better buy soon. You are responsible so our current President does not care about you. You are not likely to vote for him next election once you see how he takes from you to give to those who are lazy.
    Anonymous

• So, what your saying is that I am still going to be poor, conserving my money, and working hard to save for a house, while others reap the benefits of their bad decisions?

And I get is to miss a few pot holes, yippy!
    Anonymous

• you don't get anything? just more in debt.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 12:33 PM on Feb. 23, 2009

That is correct.
    Anonymous

Thats a lot of JOBS for the workers and construction companies
    also, my credit score is great as is my hubbys. I have recently been laid off (my company went OUT OF BUSINESS) NOW my hubbys will be OUT OF BUSINESS by end of March. as of Marck 5th, we can go to our mortgage company and get our mortgage rate lowered to just under 5%. We cant do it now because Im not working....but as of March 5th, the stimulus plan is gonna encourage banks to make your income to mortgage payment ratio get to 31%
    sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 12:47 PM on Feb. 23, 2009

• So those with morgages will benefit, but those without-like me-just have to keep on, keeping on?

My husband's changed jobs 5 times in the past 5 years-we have made it through thick and thin.

No one cared about us. But now that sooo many are becoming unemployed, now people care?

My Dh wasn't working bc he hurt his knee-we had to pay out of pocket-cash-bc he was self employed with no health insurance. He didn't work for 6 weeks AND we were still turned down by the welfare office.

Which-I have to admit-is a humbling and eye opening experience. I go in the office about to cry bc my dh is in soo much pain from a torn meniscus. There was a girl there with her Eddy Baurer stroller and a F*&^%% blue tooth in her ear. I go back and they tell me that we have TOO much money in the bank-money that was going to our rent, electric, and other basics that hadn't cleared yet.

BULL SHIT>I left crying.
    Anonymous