ebay?

I'm wanting to sell a few things on ebay. I noticed that they make you put in a phone number. I was wondering if someone actually calls you?? Do you keep getting calls? do they sell your number? I just don't want to receive a bunch of sales calls.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:23 PM on Feb. 23, 2009 in Shopping

• I don't know, but I would use craigslist. It's local and cash only.

Anonymous

• I'm not 100% sure but i think its for things like say you screwed someone over and you couldnt resolve the problem nicely. Other people would have to get involved to make sure it was a win win situation for everyone...they have to have a way to get ahold of you. No, they dont sell your number and as long as you are a nice seller you wont have any problems. =)
    Chandra034

Answer by Chandra034 at 12:27 PM on Feb. 23, 2009

• Nobody from there ever called me.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 12:43 PM on Feb. 23, 2009

• No one has ever called me either. I think its mainly to establish you are legit. FYI: If you set up a Paypal account and only accept that,you wont have problems with people and payment.
    guardmp_MOM

Answer by guardmp_MOM at 1:11 PM on Feb. 23, 2009

• no they dont call unless they expect that someone is misusing your account
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 2:14 PM on Feb. 23, 2009

• My SO sells on ebay all the time. Nobody has ever called him.
    Proudmomof82008

Answer by Proudmomof82008 at 7:23 PM on Feb. 23, 2009

• It is so the buyer and seller can get in contact with each other, if there is problem and they won't answer your emails. They also do this in case you have problems with your paypal account and they need to call you back at your home number.
    Ibelongtojesus

Answer by Ibelongtojesus at 10:58 AM on Feb. 24, 2009

• Nobody calls you unless there is a problem with the transaction. I've been buying/selling on ebay for 4 years and never had a phone call from them or anyone there.
    miranda2001

Answer by miranda2001 at 8:30 AM on Feb. 25, 2009

• I've NEVER had any calls from Ebay, or solicitations. Your privacy is very important to Ebay and they respect it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:53 AM on Mar. 5, 2009