HOW DO YOU FEEL ABOUT HELPING OTHER PEOPLE STAY IN HOUSES THEY STILL WON'T BE ABLE TO AFFORD NEXT YEAR WHEN YOU ARE SACRIFICING TO MAKE YOUR PAYMENTS?

mustbeGRACE

Asked by mustbeGRACE at 12:30 PM on Feb. 23, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I think that is a bunch of crap! If they can't afford them now, they won't be able to afford them next month, year, etc.

Anonymous

• How do you know they still won't be able to afford it then? And cut down the caps, you don't need to shout.
    Anonymous

Odds are likely that they won't. There is no jobs, it will be hard for those who got laid off to find jobs making the same amount of money. And, if these people had no savings for times like this, I would have to say that they won't be able to pay for it.

Someone pay my rent-I would like a free pass, too!
    Anonymous

• I think it's crappy. I know that's not PC but dammit I go without and my kids go with out so that I can pay my bills.It REALLY makes me want to do nothing, not pay bills, and let the gov't take care of me too!!! What the heck is the incentive to do right when those who do WRONG keep getting rewarded!

and before you get your panties in a wad about ALL those poor people who are getting kicked out of their homes you should know only about 7 % of ALL mortgages in the ENTIRE country or in this position!

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 12:37 PM on Feb. 23, 2009

• like i have no choice but heck i know lots that walked away and they are family too so i don't mind helping them.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 12:38 PM on Feb. 23, 2009

• How do you know they still won't be able to afford it then?

The redefault rate is about 50 percent right now and is expected to be higher. Most of the loans that will be modified will be in forclosure by the end of the year once again. Seems we should let them forclose now and get it over with. It will save money.
    Anonymous

• you people should really READ before you pst these questions
    sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 12:48 PM on Feb. 23, 2009

• Read what?
    momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 12:50 PM on Feb. 23, 2009

• That is not what was said about the plan....
    Anonymous

• sweet... you people should really READ before you pst these questions

or answer them

"Fifty-eight percent of the modifications made during the first quarter of 2008 ended up back in default

The  FDIC said it expects 2.2 million loans with an average size of $200,000 to be modified this year. It assumes a re-default rate of 33 percent?

NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 1:00 PM on Feb. 23, 2009