Hair Static help?

My 4YO DD has so much static in her hair! All day at home she is full blow static head. I try and calm it down with lotion or spray conditioner, but within minutes its back to static. I brush her hair nice when we go out, put her coat on and whammo. Static. Whenever we arrive anywhere and I take her coat off, full blown static, I'm always licking my hands to get her hair down, poor thing =) Anyone have any remedies for this? If I put her hair up in a pony tail she pull it out almost immediately.

gramsmom

Asked by gramsmom at 12:37 PM on Feb. 23, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Spray hairspray in the brush before you brush her hair, and then spritz a little on the top. It should help control the static. Also the answer about dryer sheets I've heard works. I've never tried it, but I have friends who do it.
    sidzwif

Answer by sidzwif at 12:43 PM on Feb. 23, 2009

• Try spraying hair spray on her hair or rub a dryer sheet on her hair.
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 12:39 PM on Feb. 23, 2009

• A friend of mine runs a dryer sheet over her hair. I couldn'y believe it when I saw here do it but she swares by it.
    mndpfff

Answer by mndpfff at 12:40 PM on Feb. 23, 2009

• Dryer sheets, and you can also rub the coat with them. You might look into getting a humidifier too, if it is that consistant.
    stacy77

Answer by stacy77 at 8:18 PM on Feb. 23, 2009