some ideas

okay i just burnt my arm putting wood in the wood stove. silly yes i know but it burns really bad any suggestions of what i can put on it to take the burn away? owie owie owie

jodi205

Asked by jodi205 at 12:43 PM on Feb. 23, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I just looked up some info for you and it says that putting ice directly on a burn can cause frost bite, so DONT do that! lol

Here is what else it said:
    Cool the burn. Hold the burned area under cold running water for at least five minutes, or until the pain subsides. If this is impractical, immerse the burn in cold water or cool it with cold compresses. Cooling the burn reduces swelling by conducting heat away from the skin. Don't put ice on the burn.
    Cover the burn with a sterile gauze bandage. Don't use fluffy cotton, which may irritate the skin. Wrap the gauze loosely to avoid putting pressure on burned skin. Bandaging keeps air off the burned skin, reduces pain and protects blistered skin.
    Take an over-the-counter pain reliever. These include aspirin, ibuprofen (Advil, Motrin, others), naproxen (Aleve) or acetaminophen (Tylenol, others).

Hope this helps!
    mommyBrooke849

Answer by mommyBrooke849 at 1:07 PM on Feb. 23, 2009

• My husband always puts mustard on my burns and it works instantly. I don't know why, but if I burn my finger on the stove he yells put mustard on it. I thought he was crazy the first time, but it's a true remedy!
    sidzwif

Answer by sidzwif at 12:45 PM on Feb. 23, 2009

• supposedly if you keep ice on it all day it wont even hurt by tomorrow. i havent tried it personally but the chef i work with put her hand down on the stove w/o realizing it was on a few weeks ago...it worked for her.
    Chandra034

Answer by Chandra034 at 12:46 PM on Feb. 23, 2009

• okay sidz thanks for the idea but my skin must be different i put it on and it made it worse lol no worries though i'll try ketchup lmao
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 12:50 PM on Feb. 23, 2009

• ice and cold is gonna hold heat in the musterd works and if you have any lanonlen cream that works to
    Anonymous

• no dont use mustard it can cause an infection and ice will not draw the heat out it will make it worse,the best thing to do is if you have sum desatine or any kind of diaper cream use it,its the better alternative if you dont have aloe or burn cream try it =) it will work chicka
    sauna26

Answer by sauna26 at 12:55 PM on Feb. 23, 2009

• I was gonna say the same as sauna26, the diaper rash ointment.

btw jodi, I still havent freaking left yet :( my hubby is soooo slow, we arent gonna get to leave until christmas it looks like! haha
    mommyBrooke849

Answer by mommyBrooke849 at 1:01 PM on Feb. 23, 2009

• mederma gets rid of the scars.GL and hope you feel much better Jodi. I guess you're one super hot momma. No pun intended. Get well soon,girl.

jareda69

Answer by jareda69 at 1:01 PM on Feb. 23, 2009

• thanksguys ha ha and brooke what is he waiting for what the hell tell him to get his butt in gear
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 1:03 PM on Feb. 23, 2009

• Over the counter pain relievers like ibuprofen or acetaminophen can be used for the pain of a mild burn
    Anonymous