nail polish chipping

I love putting nail polish on my finger nails but in a couple of days the nail polish is chipping off and I have to touch up on the polish or I just take it off and do the color over again. I file my nails and clean them before putting the polish off but it seems like that doesn't help either. I use both dark and light colors on my finger nails and I use cheat or expensie nail polish but it seems like it always coming off. So what I do or use to help my polish for chipping off.

LoriAnn87

Asked by LoriAnn87 at 12:44 PM on Feb. 23, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• Put on gloves when you do the dishes or anything in water. always use a clear base coat and don't get your hopes up...mine chips too. I hate the gloves, but it really helps. I quit painting mine most the time because they look good for 2 days then I look trashy for 3 til I have time to take it off :)
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 12:46 PM on Feb. 23, 2009

• I stopped wearing nail polish too, with the kids, if I can keep a manicure nice for 2 days that would be alot. Now I only get them done for special occassions. If you have the time and $, get some acrylic on your nails, for some reason polish really sticks to acrylic.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 1:51 PM on Feb. 23, 2009

• 1. clean nails with a nail brush and soap after buffing and filing
    2. Dry nails use either alcohol of Chip Skip by OPI before you polish
    3. Use a base coat
    4. Apply polish
    5. Apply top coat to both the top and under the tip of the nails..

Wear gloves with ALL house work
    Also ever time your nail beds get wet you nail bed will expand then contract when it drys.
    Soniam301

Answer by Soniam301 at 9:02 PM on Feb. 23, 2009

• Apply a base coat and a top coat.  I really like Sally Hanson products.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 8:28 AM on Feb. 24, 2009