how can the people of Southlake, Texas accept a snake-in-the grass into their comunity

Meaning Kwame Kilpatrick the ex-mayor of Detroit that disgraced the city with his lying and cheating. His wife was in on it too. I could never accept them into my community until they paid for the crimes they commited!

chefjen

Asked by chefjen at 12:46 PM on Feb. 23, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• LOL akinbottom2!! How true!! I

live near Southlake Texas. If he can afford to live in this extremely affluent area, he can afford to pay back all that he owes Detroit! I am also originally from Michigan, growing up, I loved going downtown Detroit. This man is a corrupt disgrace for sure. $3k a month, have you seen the houses here in Southlake, they are ginormous!! How can he afford that?

blessed5x

Answer by blessed5x at 1:45 PM on Feb. 23, 2009

• what crime did he commit?
    Anonymous

• Is he just living there or trying to run for an office?
    momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 12:54 PM on Feb. 23, 2009

• How about some details because I have no idea what you're talking about... a link... anything, lol
    Nunyabiznes

Answer by Nunyabiznes at 12:57 PM on Feb. 23, 2009

• A woman may have died because of something he did and covered up. The city had to pay millions in a lawsuit for his unlawful firing of police officers who were trying to cooperate with authorities. I really can't believe he got the job. Then again, maybe the company has too much pride, thinking it won't happen to them, that they can handle his many mistakes. He may have had some good qualities, after all, in order to be elected in the first place.

LauraMi261

Answer by LauraMi261 at 1:08 PM on Feb. 23, 2009

• This link seems to sum it up. Wow, three felonies.

http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080904/NEWS01/309050001
    LauraMi261

Answer by LauraMi261 at 1:21 PM on Feb. 23, 2009

• AND, he's paying $3k a month for rent for a house in TX when he's supposed to be paying back the city of Detroit a million dollars and he claims he can't pay it unless he gets a job out of state at Compuware that just laid off 250 employees but hired criminal Kwame Kilpatrick and I'll tell ya, his mother and his dad are screwing the city as well. They are all taking advantage.
    marihand

Answer by marihand at 1:27 PM on Feb. 23, 2009

• Have you seen what D.C. has accepted into their community? Talk about a snake in the grass.
    O ne
    B ig
    A **
    M istake
    A merica
    akinbottom2

Answer by akinbottom2 at 1:34 PM on Feb. 23, 2009

• It will all catch up to him soon, believe me, the FBI is working on ALL of his scams!! From hiding money from giving out contracts to his friends to that ordeal with the stripper...how he can look in the mirror is beyond me. To answer your question, I'm sure somehow one of his cronies has something to do with it. I guess they all better get the Detroit News delivered to Texas so they are in the know!!!
    LiveLoveLaugh

Answer by LiveLoveLaugh at 1:47 PM on Feb. 23, 2009

• Agree, thanks for the heads up, I had NO idea he was here in Southlake!! Matter of fact, I may post some community awareness posters...........
    blessed5x

Answer by blessed5x at 1:51 PM on Feb. 23, 2009