As a Chrsitain.....

What TV shows do you watch? What do you feel is appropriate? Do you watch shows that have sexual, drug, or homosexual references in them?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:59 PM on Feb. 23, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I try very hard not watch those things but it's very hard to avoid these days.
    Anonymous

• I really don't watch much tv. I like shows like Supernanny and Jon and Kate Plus 8.....But if it had a lot of cussing or nudity in it then I change it. Don't care for shows like that!
    mominbolt

Answer by mominbolt at 1:02 PM on Feb. 23, 2009

• I watch whatever interests me and limit what my children can see.

Answer by gemgem at 1:09 PM on Feb. 23, 2009

• I really don't watch TV anymore. Most of it is trash.
    Anonymous

• I only watch the news sometimes and TBN a christian station

hinson7169

Answer by hinson7169 at 2:06 PM on Feb. 23, 2009

• I watch a lot of family shows, or things I can relate to. Everybody Loves Raymond, King of Queens, According to Jim, and House of Payne. I like shows like Clean House and a few things on the Food Network. As for my kids, I'm very picky in what I allow them to watch. I preview everything, and make sure they are learning a positive lesson from what they're watching.
    Mama2Boys5

Answer by Mama2Boys5 at 2:23 PM on Feb. 23, 2009

• I believe that just because I watched Will & Grace (Will was gay) doesnt make me a bad person. I am christian. I think that I can watch somethings- just becasue I enjoy watching somethings doesnt mean I'll go to hell for it. Theres a lot of negative influnces on T.V. these days but it doesnt make you a bad person for watching it. I too am very ticky about what I let my children watch. Sadly I cant afford cable or sattilite --so we dont get Disney or Nick. I let my children watch GPBTV ( Georgia Public Brodcasting Television) Thats were they get to see Sesame Street and other kiddy programs. Violence and Sexual content NEVER plays on my TV when the children are around.
    BooHooMommy

Answer by BooHooMommy at 3:06 PM on Feb. 23, 2009

• I don't watch much television, but when I do watch it's usually the news, Gospel Network, Food Network, Discovery, ect.
    Lexylex

Answer by Lexylex at 3:20 PM on Feb. 23, 2009

• We pretty much watch sports, Fox News Channel, the Hallmark Channel, HGTV, and Food Network. That's about it.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 5:18 PM on Feb. 23, 2009

• I am way more selective on what I let my kids watch than what I watch. I am more of a reader though and love to buy books but this is an expensive habit. I like to watch E.R. and get into law and order and CSI but overall tv is over rated. My mother in law no longer watches t.v. and said that she still misses survivor sometimes and I told her that it is pretty much the same. There is always a gay guy, someone always gets naked, and they are all willing to lie and cheat to get their way to the end and if they don't they won't make it very far. My kids get to watch PBS and Extreme Makeover Home Edition. (or build a house and cry) More often than not I think we watch tv for social reasons and connections we feel or get from watching tv. As we get older and have seen real life and have established our morals our screening for ourselves seems to go down and screening for our little ones goes up to protect them as long as we can.
    firefly_jewels

Answer by firefly_jewels at 5:48 PM on Feb. 23, 2009