Okay.....

I've been seeing this guy for almost 8 mos now and he's a good father to my daughter and loves her just as much as I do even though she isn't his but he doesn't have a job and can't seem to keep one either. I've had trouble finding a job and keeping one also but I've only had 2 other jobs and been fired but now I have a good job that I like and he's had like 3 also isn't looking for another job either. Lol he's 20 and still lives witth his paren'ts. Should I be worried and should I stay with him?

Native_Mommy253

Asked by Native_Mommy253 at 1:05 PM on Feb. 23, 2009 in Relationships

• Good rule of thumb. If a guy is still living with his parents and doesn't have a job....move on!
    Anonymous

• I think you should talk to him about these issues. Being in love doesn't just involve the lovey dovey stuff, it involves working through problems. Let him know your concerns. If he loves you he won't have a problem discussing serious issues with you. If he avoids the situation or gets mad I would say that is a sign to walk away.
    sidzwif

Answer by sidzwif at 1:08 PM on Feb. 23, 2009

• Not always anon. He's a good man. Remember that OP. Good men are hard to find, perfect men don't exist.
    Kimeley

Answer by Kimeley at 1:08 PM on Feb. 23, 2009

• I'd keep him around but no kids or marriage until he stabilizes.
    KARRIEMARIE

Answer by KARRIEMARIE at 1:13 PM on Feb. 23, 2009

• If you have to ask, "Should I stay with him?", and he's not your husband, then the answer is usually no. My husband isn't perfect, but he's pretty darn close. When we were dating, I NEVER doubted for a second that I should be with him. If you're having doubts already, what's going to happen if you move in together or get married? He's still pretty young and will, most likely, mature into a father/husband type eventually. I agree that you should certainly talk to him about it and if nothing changes, then I think you should move on...for yourself and for your child. Good luck!
    divakristi

Answer by divakristi at 1:17 PM on Feb. 23, 2009

• Is this the same guy you were talking about in a different question? The one that's in the army that used to be just a friend?
    Anonymous

• I wouldn't marry a man like that but I might adopt him or hire him as my sitter

Answer by admckenzie at 2:12 PM on Feb. 23, 2009

• I have to say this...
    Doesn't a good man....have a job.....
    Isn't a good man...motivated to get out there daily and find a stable job when he is infact
    unemployed...
    I would dump him...he has already shown you that he can not hold down a job...
    Dannee

Answer by Dannee at 2:43 PM on Feb. 23, 2009

• No I was just Dating a guy from the army but it didn't even last a week so me and my ex-boyfriend ended up getting back together on Valentines Day. Its complicating.
    Native_Mommy253

Answer by Native_Mommy253 at 12:37 PM on Feb. 24, 2009