Why would an Army Charity hoard millions away from families?

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/army_s_stingy_charity

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:09 PM on Feb. 23, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• IMO, I would say because there tend to be more Army troop deployed at a given time, they need to keep more in reserves for the future. In case of a large scale catastrophe. Just as the articles states actually. 

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 2:09 PM on Feb. 23, 2009

• I agree with grlygrlz2.
    AER gave us a loan when my dh was in the army to fix our car. I was grateful they were there to help and we had no problems with them.
    MissAlisabeth

Answer by MissAlisabeth at 2:26 PM on Feb. 23, 2009

• I read this yesterday on another site, and they should hold on to it cause the way the world is we are gonna need it... and so is the people military or not... BUT will say they should hand out more, we came up with some medical bills that tricare wouldnt pay,(part was immagration medical check up) totalled 1300$ and they wouldnt help.. defently think that they should give a little more and for schools ect but other then that i think its smart to hold on to the money :) should put it in a savings account and earn interest :) maybe the intested over a few years could help out alot of people
    Anonymous