I worked out yesturday and I'm sore. Should I just cont. or take a pain pill and wait?

JCRestoredme

Asked by JCRestoredme at 1:21 PM on Feb. 23, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• Aleve, JCrestoredme.Work out . I do with shoulder and hand pain. As you get into a routine , the aches and pains will not feel as severe.
    jareda69

Answer by jareda69 at 1:26 PM on Feb. 23, 2009

• You don't need a pain pill for soreness. Just do some stretches, it'll feel better.
    Anonymous

• I take some ibuprofen and do a lighter workout or focus on the parts that don't hurt.
    goaliemom93

Answer by goaliemom93 at 1:22 PM on Feb. 23, 2009

• Don't take a pain pill. Its just your muscles working. Its the whole reason you work out. Thats a good sign. You can still work out today too, try working out different parts of your body. Be sure to warm up, stretch, work out, cool down and stretch again.
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 1:25 PM on Feb. 23, 2009

• Just do stretches it will hurt so good...lol

Take a break working out work out every other day or work out half part of your body one day and the other half another day. So you can feel you are getting a full body work out.

Keep up the good work :)treadmill

Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 1:27 PM on Feb. 23, 2009

• A pain pill won't take care of that type of pain. Just stretch it out. Believe me, when I first started working out, i was so sore the next day that I popped a vicodin and it didn't work. It made be buzzy but still sore.
    Anonymous

• It depends on how sore you are. If it's just normal soreness, then I would go with cardio and a stretch routine, maybe some yoga. If it's really severe, like you need a pain pill, baby the muscle for a day or two. If there's no improvement call your doctor to make sure you didn't injure yourself.
    AesSedai

Answer by AesSedai at 7:39 PM on Feb. 23, 2009