Do you keep the oil in the deep fryer or do you dump it back into the container it came in?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:22 PM on Feb. 23, 2009 in Just for Fun

• i keep my oil in my deep fryer as long as the lid stays on, when the oil gets dirty enough, i change it.
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 1:35 PM on Feb. 23, 2009

• I use a separate container that has a lid on it. This way if I need fresh tasteless oil for baking I still have the new oil to use.
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 1:23 PM on Feb. 23, 2009

• I change the oil each time i use it and throw the old oil out
    efmeador0709

Answer by efmeador0709 at 1:23 PM on Feb. 23, 2009

• With my fryer I keep it in there, but when I fry things on the stove I use another container to store my used oil. My mother used to keep a crisco can by the stove for hers.
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 1:29 PM on Feb. 23, 2009

• I dump it into a separate container (straining all the bits from the bottom and throwing them away). That way I have different oils for different things. Example; I keep bacon grease because it's excellent for making cornbread. I keep french-fry oil because the second batch of fries has a little more flavor than the first. Then I have the bottle of 'unused' oil that I put in things that don't necessarily fall into a category like the above example.
    PaceMyself

Answer by PaceMyself at 1:32 PM on Feb. 23, 2009

• i keep it in there until it gets dirty
    vampire2007

Answer by vampire2007 at 1:55 PM on Feb. 23, 2009

• I keep the oil in our deep fryer until is gets dirty enough, then I change it. As for any oil that I use on the stove, or that foods (like Bacon) create when cooking...I throw those out.
    NewMommyin06

Answer by NewMommyin06 at 2:00 PM on Feb. 23, 2009